Chapter 2

Mo Hwa-ran's Pov

I sighed as I swirled the bourbon in my glass around and around. On tv was Tae-kyung and his band doing an interview. My Tae-kyung...I lifted the glass to my lips letting the contents spill into my mouth and burn my throat.

With a content sigh I sat the glass down and went to the kitchen for the bottle to refill my glass. Suddenly the phone rang making me shake my head in annoyance. Filling my cup I let the phone ring and go to the answering machine. I was not in the mood for talking with anyone. Just then the phone began again scratching at my nerves.

With an unladylike growl I reached over and picked up the nuisance to look at the number. Dont know, dont care. I placed it back down and went back to watching the concert when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I spoke quietly hoping the person would not hear and just go away but sadly the sound of the door opening proved my hopes wrong.

"Miss, you have a phone call on line 3. They say it's urgent." my secretary spoke softly, voice level as to not annoy me. "Tell them I'm busy." I say not caring at the moment.

"I'm sorry Miss but they say they really need to talk to you." he responded again making me rub my temple. "Fine." I growled and waved my hand for him to leave. I picked up the phone and answered the waiting caller.

"Hello? Miss Mo Hwa-ran?" a male voice spoke over the phone. "Yes, who is this?" I asked quickly trying to find out who was so insistent.

"My name is Dr. Roberts from Central Middlesex Hospital of England." he responded. Instantly I straightened myself out and focused on the call.

"Would it be alright if I ask you a few questions?" I nodded then realised he couldn't see and replied with a affirmative yes.

"On 1998, April 1st did you give birth to a young girl?" I froze hearing his words. The words I never wanted to hear. It was about...her.

"Why are you asking this?" I asked in a whisper. I thought I had gotten rid of those two so why...why was this man asking about that girl?

"Ma'am we believe your daughter is here in our hospital. Please, can you confirm or deny this statement?" he asked. If I confirmed it was my daughter I could fix that mistake and rid myself of those haunting nightmares of her crying out to me for leaving her. However if I deny this then I would never know why I was contacted. She could be dying for all I know.

"I-I confirm." I said hesitantly. There was a sigh of relief on the other end of the phone before the doctor began talking again.

"Thank goodness. She is not alone. Miss Ran your daughter has been in the hospital for the last month in a coma. There was an incident concerning her and her father Alexander Mathews. Mr Mathews has passed away and we did a blood based DNA test to see if she had any other family and here we are. Im very sorry." I held my breath for moment letting it sink in. An incident with Alex? What has he done now? He's dead...that means the girl is alone...no she has me.

"Is she awake? Can I speak with her?" I questioned.

"No, I'm sorry Miss but she is still unconscious." I sighed again.

"Excuse me, but might I know her name?" I asked curiously. If I am going to be involved in her life from now on I needed to know what to call her.

"Niketa." I smiled. It sounded lovely. Suddenly there were sounds on the other side of the phone and voices cheering and yelling.

"She has woken up, I have to go and check her vitals. Is it alright if I call again later to speak with you on this further?" my gaze softened. She was awake.