Chapter 10

Tae-kyung's pov

"When you said mother called you and led you to wanting to meet me...did she happen to tell you exactly what brought me into her custody after all these years?" Niketa asked, facing me and seemingly avoiding the previous topic of her wounded arm. I shook my head no not having any background knowledge of what led her here other than the passing of her father.

"Well, not her fault...the doctors might not have told her." she reached up with her good arm and allowed Shin-woo to guide her to her wheelchair.

"Well...the truth is... i was hospitalised after an attack on my life. I don't remember much of it so don't ask but as a result I was left in a coma for a month. I woke up just yesterday. wait...they gave me a list of injuries." she trailed off and started looking at the mess on the ground that I had made dumping her black bag. I quickly scurried to pick up her things and put them carefully back in her bag.

"That, it's that." she pointed as I picked up a folded paper. It was written in in english so I had trouble reading it over. There was a sigh and the paper was taken from me.

"You take too long to read english." Jeremy explained as he read over the paper. His eyes widened and immediately he swiveled around and took her arm in his hand and lifted the sleeve of her left arm. There under her sleeve was the heaviest bandaging....soaked in blood. There were gasps but Niketa just sighed.

"They took the stitches out but I was supposed to rest them. I guess pushing the chair reopened that one. It's alright though...just gotta change the bandaging." she said almost sheepishly. I couldn't take waiting anymore.

"Jeremy, what does that paper say?" he looked at me then back to the paper as tears filled his eyes.

"Stab wound upper left shoulder. Heavy lacerations across front of both forearms. Cracked skull...the least bad thing she has, a sprained ankle..." he trailed off as he stared down at the paper.

"There was a pretty bad cut on my head in the back according to nurse Elizabeth...other than that, just bruises and the stupid coma. I'm alright though. I was asleep for most of the major healing so it doesn't really hurt." she smiled. I watched her in amazement.

How this young woman could sit there with a smile on her lips is something I don't think I could ever understand. Just one of those injuries would have any of the band in the hospital crying like the babies she is making us out to be. I couldn't even begin to imagine what had happened to her before coming here. I stood there speechless when a thought occurred to me.

Her father passed, mother had said that that was why she was taking custody. Her father died. Did that mean that the person who tried to kill her...killed her dad? Had she had to witness that? Thoughts began whirling through my head faster than I could understand.

"Well, correct me if i'm wrong but you have your mother's number...right Tae-kyung?" Shin-woo asked. I nodded and took out my phone. I dialed the number and let it ring. On the third ring she picked up.

"Tae-kyung? Did you see her?" I sighed.

"You sent me to her on purpose...didn't you?" I spoke trying my best to keep the anger from my tone so I didn't scare Niketa any further.

"I did, I wanted you two to meet. I assume she is with you at your home?" this damned woman planned this?!

"Yes she is, no thanks to you. You were going to just leave her at the airport weren't you? What would happen if I didn't show up? She was left there for over an hour because you did this!" a hand on my arm made me look down to see Niketa had moved her chair to sit beside me. She put her hand out for the phone. I shook my head but this only earned a pointed look from her. With a frown, I handed her the phone.

"This is Niketa, is this my mother?" there was silence before Niketa spoke up again.

"No, you either tell me where im staying or I can go to the authorities and tell them you are not housing me. Im sure they'd love to hear how you took a girl, who just woke from a coma, brought her to a country she's never been to, and left her at the airport." she took a pause before continuing.

"Not to mention that when I got ahold of you, you refused to come pick me up. Im sure the police would love to hear that...oh but the media would love it even more! So either get here and pick me up or tell me where you have set me up to live." I was wide eyed having not expected her to take it there but here we are...gotta say....kinda impressed. Not even I have been able to stand up to mother like that.

"You're kidding me...right? You know...of everything dad told me about you, I had hoped you were different...but no, you are no mother of mine. If you don't want to meet me, I don't want to meet you." she glared at the floor abit before hanging up.

"You're not going to be happy." she whispered. I sighed and knelt down next to her to take the phone from her hands and meet her eyes. She passed the phone to me and met my eyes with her visible one.

"She set me up...she set us all up." I carefully moved to cup my hand gently against her face, careful not to touch the harsh scar.

"She set you up...to live here...didn't she?" Niketa refused to meet my gaze so I shifted her face to look at me.

"Yes..." I sighed and stood to my feet. Everyone was waiting for my next move it seemed. Jeremy had finally stopped reading the paper he had in his hands and Shin-woo was watching Niketa carefully. Mi-nyeo and Mi-nom were stood side by side with their hands intertwined.

I gave Mi-nyeo my best 'i don't know what to do' look and as her eyes met mine ashe nodded. She stepped away from Mi-nom and walked over to me, taking my hand. I know she's mad at me but it's the comfort she knew I needed right now. That's why I will always love this woman, even when i'm at my worst, like today has shown, she is here to help me.

"You can stay in my old room, there everything you will need in there. Until we can find you a better place, that is where you will stay. If anyone has a problem with you here, they can work better to find you a place, but I don't think any of us will grow tired of you here. If you'll have us..." there was a chorus of agreement around the room and slowly but surely, Niketa lifted her gaze to look at each of us.

"You'd really let me stay here?" she asked in a whisper.

"Absolutely! I think you'll fit in perfectly here with us!" Jeremy smiled as he stepped forward. He had folded the paper and hid it away in his pocket.

"We will have to tell president Ahn, but once everything is explained, i'm sure he won't have a problem with it." Niketa looked at Shin-woo strangely as he spoke.

"Who's president Ahn?" we all shared a look before Mi-nom spoke up.

"You don't know who we are...do you?" she gave him a strange look.

"Of course she doesn't, she's not from here dummy!" Jeremy smiled as he playfully smacked Mi-nom on the back of the head.

"Well im sorry, im not used to people not knowing us! Plus, listen to her, she is speaking fluent korean." Mi-nom countered. Niketa just watched them with a highly confused look across her face.

"Guys, you're just confusing her more!" Shin-woo called in annoyance.

"You all are! Can someone just tell me what you're going on about?" Niketa finally snapped. I smiled and shook my head.

"Well...have you ever heard of Kpop?" Mi-nyeo asked. Niketa chuckled.

"Boy have i...Akemi never shut up about these boy bands...why?" I chuckled remembering the lady named Akemi from the airport while the others just looked confused.

"Well, did she happen to tell you about a band...A.N.GELL?" I asked. She looked at me before something seemed to click in her eye.

"Oh...oh! You mean...you guys are...that explains Akemi going quiet around you when you picked me up...that girl barely took a breath between her words but you show up and she shuts up...you guys are a band!" she smiled making me chuckle.

"Yea, we are. President Ahn is our boss. He is the one who owns this house." she nodded in understanding.

"My brother is in a band...so cool." she smiled. I couldn't help but smile with her...something tell me she is going to fit in here...perfectly.