it's gonna be a party

I get to the vineyard just as the sun rises over the rolls of grape vines. I park the Aston and run up the stairs to the patio. When I reach the glass door there is a note taped to the window. I pull it off and recognize James' handwriting.

"Niall-- There's a house key under the mat. You may keep the key for the remainder of your time here. My office is unlocked and your key for the barn is by the log book. Chelsea will probably still be asleep when you get here so please be quiet and have respect. Be back soon and remember this is me trusting you. --James PS: don't let Chels get to you."

I read the note again and found the key under the mat. I unlocked the door and his words of having Chelsea get to me still have left me confused. She hasn't gotten to me, if anything she's the one ignoring me so I would be the one getting to her. That's good. I don't want her getting close to me. I make my way up the stairs and to James' office. 

Once I reach it I turn the knob and find the log book on his desk. I take a pen from his cup of pens and write my name and pull my iPhone from my pocket to get the time. Just as I got the time, my phone blares the stupid marimba ringtone. I quickly silence it remembering James' note. Somewhere on this floor, Chelsea is sleeping. The thought makes me wonder where her room exactly is and how peaceful she looks while lost in her slumber. 

I'm pulled out of my thoughts with another marimba ringtone. 

"Er," I press the decline button. Harry really needs to stop. You would think that if I declined the phone call he would get the idea but he just keeps calling back. 

The ringtone blares again and just as I silence it I hear a door closing. 

"What are you doing?" Chelsea appears in the doorway. Her shorts extremely high and her tank top revealing the skin just below her belly button. Her long blonde hair lays around her shoulders in waves. 

"I," I try to think of something when I hold just tell her the truth.

Harry is restless and my phone goes off again. 

"Ugh," she groans. "Answer it, it's annoying." 

I press the accept button and bring the phone to my ear. "What Harry?" 

"Niall! We're in California!" He shouts through the phone and I even see Chelsea flinch at the loud noise.

"Stop shouting," I say back to him. "You're where?"

His voice declines incredibly. "We're in California. Simon thought it would be a good idea, you know to get you ready for the tour."

Too many things were happening at once. Harry saying that he and no doubt the rest of those assholes where in California. Talking about tour even though I band from just the idea and also an almost naked Chelsea standing in front of me. 

"I don't need you," I say to him. Chelsea comes around her father's desk and sits in the black leather chair. She lifts her legs up onto the desk and my eyes immediately drag down the length of her legs finishing with the pearl pink nail polish on her toes. 

"Well we're in Napa, is that what you call it?" He responds and I push my fingers through my hair.

"Go home, Harry and take the rest of them with you."

"Too late," he was relentless. "Bob says you're working at a vineyard?" 

"No," I lie. "Listen, I'm fine without the lot of you."

"You don't sound fine. You sound actually quite nervous," he stops for a second. "Niall is there a girl there?"

"W--What?" I choke and Chelsea looks up at me suspiciously. "No there's no girl."