Long Time No See - Part 2

Your POV

"You guys took long. Where were you two?" Tracey asked.

"Just went out on a walk and caught up a little bit. It was nice if I'm honest." Joe replied. 

"That's great then. Oh and Joe. I wanted to tell you something. We'll be leaving tomorrow night." She said shocking both you and Joe.

"WHAT?!" You both said simultaneously. Zoe and Tracey started laughing. 

"This was a prank wasn't it?" You asked. Zoe nodded still laughing. 

"Simple but very effective." Your mum added in. You rolled your eyes and went to the kitchen to have some water.

"Want some water, Joe?" You asked. 

"If you wouldn't mind, then yes." He said.

"Stop being so formal, Joe. Just ask. I'm your friend not your boss." You said filling 2 glasses of water.

"Don't worry, Joe. Soon enough she will be your boss." Your mum said giggling. Joe chuckled.

"Mum." You said rolling your eyes. You walked to Joe and gave him his glass of water. 

"Thanks." He said drinking it.

"Umm...mum, can Joe and I go out tomorrow night?" You asked.

Your mum was very protective of you, especially with boys. So you HAD to ask.

"As on a date?" She asked. You didn't reply.

"Even if it is a date, I don't mind. It's Joe. I trust him." She said making your eyes widen. You pinched yourself just to make sure it was real or not.

"No need to pinch yourself, darling. It is true." Your mum said giggling.

"Okay then." You said shrugging.

"Meet you at 7 tomorrow." He whispered in your ear making you nod your head. 

"Ow. Careful, Y/N!" Joe exclaimed rubbing his head making you laugh nervously. 

"Sorry." You said smiling. 

"Let's go, Joe. Its already late." Zoe said dragging him out. But he winked at you before he made his exit.

*Date night*

"Ready?" He asked. You nodded.

He took you to river Thames where he set up a picnic just for you.

"WOW Joe. This is beautiful." You said admiring the beauty.

"I think you are way more beautiful than that." He whispered.

You both sat down and he served food for you being the gentleman he is. You both made small talk enjoying the 'Remember when' as you both had the food Joe prepared.

*After a few months*

You and Joe were on a date and you were talking about the pinky promise you both made when you were young.

"But just imagine if you were still my girlfriend." He said laughing making you choke on your own food.

Your friend told you that if a guy says jokingly about you being their girlfriend, it is not a joke but he actually does want to be his.

Shit.

He gave you water and you can see he was shaking nervously.

"I would love for you to be my girlfriend again. We can't break our pinky promise right?" He asked.

"But its too soon, love. Try harder next time" you said winking and leaving the scene.

You did say you were hard to get.

*A month later*

Joe's POV

Maybe next time.

It's too soon.

Try harder next time.

By this time, I was suspicious if she even wanted to be my girlfriend. But I won't give up. She will say yes. Her body language is just too obvious.

Here goes nothing.

"Will you be my girlfriend? Please say yes." I said crossing my fingers under the table.

"Okay. Since you tried for so long, yes." She said giggling. I stood up cheering.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I said picking her up by the waist.

"Joe! People are looking"She said looking at everyone on the shore.

"Do you think I care?" I said placing her down ever so gently.

Then I attached my lips to hers. She giggled but eventually kissed me back.

I have waited so long for the perfect girl and my patience has finally paid off.

Author's note: Hope you liked this ending.

All the love, V. xx