Infatuation type of love (AU) - Part 3

*few weeks later*

Your POV

"So how's it going with Mr.Sugg?" Jamie asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know anymore, Jamie. It's just we've gotten a lot more closer since the past few weeks and I'm glad where things are right now. He's a really sweet and caring guy. But I don't want to be the one who asks him out. I want him to take the lead this time. Shy or not." You said seriously.

"Actually I need to tell you something as well." Jamie said smiling. You got confused and gestured her to continue.

"Yesterday he came in our bus after long right? Like he got caught up with his work and all so he always went early. So yesterday I decided to talk to him personally. And.."

*Flashback from Jamie's POV*

"Hey Joe!" I said sitting near Joe.

"Hey Jamie!" He said winking, a thing he always did to greet me. I just laughed it off.

"How've you been?" I asked.

"I've been good. Working on this new YouTube video so yeah was busy with that." He said making me nod.

"Actually I wanted to ask you something as well. About that friend of yours..." He trailed off which lead to a smirk appearing on my face.

I instantly knew it was about Y/N. 

"Friend? Which one? I have loads of them. Tell me specifically." I said playing around a bit. He chuckles.

"Yeah I know you are a very popular girl  and all. It's about that girl who has that cute smile. The girl you introduced me to."  He said making me bite my lip in order to not smile hard.

"Who? Y/N?" I asked a bit too loudly which made Joe make a whispering sound in order for me to shut up. Y/N turned around confused but then got back to her conversation with her friend.

"Yeah her." He said blushing a bit.

"What about her?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Do you think she'll be okay coming with me outside college? You know on a date?"

*flashback end and back to your POV*

You tried your best not to squeal by covering your mouth. 

JOE WANTS TO GO ON A DATE WITH ME?!?!?!

"He really said that?!?!?" You asked smiling big. 

"Yeah dude. He even asked me questions about you. He wanted to know more about you." She said making you even more happier. 

"NO WAY! MY CRUSH LIKES ME BACK?!?!" You whisper shouted. She nodded quickly joining in with your excitement. 

"Now we just have to wait for him to actually gather the courage to ask you out." 

Joe's POV

"I don't think she likes me back man. She legit behaves the same way with her friends. What makes me special?" I said to Caspar, my childhood best friend.

"I have seen her with you. It is SOO OBVIOUS she likes you back. Gather the courage you shit." Caspar said smacking my head.

"But I'm not so sure man. How do I make sure?" I asked him.

"I think I have the perfect plan." 

Your POV

"I'm HUNGRY!" Y/BF/N said whining.

"Then go eat." You said rolling your eyes.

"Come with me to the canteen then." She said dragging you with her to the canteen.

"I'll have two cheese buns and 1 chicken tikka sandwich please." 

You were at the canteen waiting beside Y/BF/N while she ordered her food. 

You looked around the canteen and eventually your eyes landed on those blue ones you wanted to see. 

But as soon as you both made eye contact, he broke it off and paid attention to the girl beside him.

You got confused but shook it off and paid attention to Y/BF/N's banter. 

From the corner of your eyes, you saw that girl getting up and him giving her a hug before she left. 

"He should really stop flirting with that girl." You heard Jamie say to her friend. Your heart broke a little but then you thought, it was never official, so there was nothing holding him back either. 

Just because you like him doesn't mean he has to. 

*2 days later*

Everytime you tried to talk to him, that girl always came in between and then he starts flirting with her. 

You were honestly getting pissed off. Cause it's just she was always there in between. You wanted to talk to him but as soon he saw you he goes the other way and finds that girl.

You were trying to figure out what he was trying to do and even Jamie was of no help. All she said was 'I don't know' or 'I'm not sure' and that was definitely NOT what you were looking for. 

"Hey Y/N!" Joe said cheerfully.

"Oh My God. Is Joe Sugg actually talking to me? What happened? She didn't come?" You asked sarcastically.

"Who? Gemma?" Joe asked but you could tell he was trying to hide a smirk.

"Whatever her name is. I have to go." You said trying to leave but he grabbed you by your arm stopping you.

"Hey listen. She is just a friend." Joe clarified.

"See I don't mind you talking to your friend. You can have friends who are girls. But it's just it intensifies when I'm around. Like what are you trying to do? Make me jealous?" You asked.

"Yep. You guessed it." He said blushing slightly which made your eyebrows raise a little bit.

"W-Why would you try to make me jealous?" You asked stammering.

"Y/N, babe. I think you have enough brains to understand why." He said getting close to you which made your breath hitch.

"I-I-" You trailed off.

"And if you still don't get it, maybe I'll explain it to you on our date?" He asked smirking.

Smooth, Sugg. Real smooth.

"It's fine I understood." You said smirking which made his smirk vanish. You laughed and he shook his head.

"So will you go out with me?" He asked which made you smile.

"Of course." 

Author's Note: And that's the end to that. Hope you liked the series. Differs from how it actually ended in my life but hey I am a sucker for happy endings. 

All the love, V. xx