Chapter 18

As January blends into February, Ryerson is hit with a warm spell. Temperatures close to sixty degrees cause all of the snow to melt. Winter coats are put away, and so are winter boots.

Nicole and I are now good. We have gone out a few times, to dinner, to the park, or to the movies. We get to know each other more, and any thought of what happened drifts away from our minds.

The team has played better. We win five more games. Nicole has scored four goals, and has added seven assists. Her quality of play is amazing, and everyone on the team is happy with how she is performing.

After school on Friday, Nicole and I go to the park. The park is one of the nice things about Ryerson, one of the few things that excites a person. It has trails that we can walk on, and see the wonderful landscape. Also, there is a playground and a set of swings for kids to play on.

There's no one there when we arrive, so we start to walk the trails. We hold hands as we do so, our connection never breaking.

"So, how are you liking it here?" I ask.

"Honestly?" She replies. "I think I liked Montreal better."

"Too small?"

"Not just that. It's too depressing. I mean, the best restaurant you have here is a three-star. Hotels? More like motels. You could use a Holiday Inn. That might bring more tourists here."

"I know. That's why I'm leaving for Oshawa at the end of the summer."

She stops and turns to me. "Wait. You're leaving? You never told me you were leaving."

"I'm sorry," I reply. "It must have slipped my mind. I'm so concerned with winning a championship here that I forgot until now."

"I would like to know these things, Jordan," she says. "These types of things are important in a relationship."

"I apologize," I reply. "I'm totally new to this 'serious relationship' thing."

"You've never been in a serious relationship before?" She seems surprised.

"Nope. I mean, I've dated, but not like this..."

"What do you mean, like this?"

"All I've experienced are relationships where all we do is make out and fool around. I never actually talked to them or got to know them. With you, I get to do all of that stuff, plus the fooling around. I kind of like it."

"That's good," she says.

"I love you."

She smiles. "I love you too."

We keep on walking. Finally, when we reach the other end of the trail, Nicole turns to me.

"You know what?" She says.

"What is that?"

"I've never seen your bedroom before."

***

My parents are gone for the weekend, so I don't have to worry about them knowing that Nicole is in my room. Honestly, my mother would freak out if she knew. Thus, it's best if they are completely unaware of it.

We walk into my room, and Nicole begins taking off her shoes. She now pads barefoot around my room, in a pair of jeans and a sweater. She sits down on my bed. I have a large bed, a queen size.

"You barely have anything in here," she says.

"I don't have anything to put in here, that's the thing."

"What's your favourite band?"

"Guns N' Roses," I reply. "Why?"

"You don't have a single poster of them?"

"No."

"Honestly, you should. Your room is supposed to model who you are. Having a bare room makes a person look dull."

"I prefer it that way."

"You shouldn't," she huffs. "Tell me you'll change it."

I shrug. "If I say yes, do I get to kiss you?"

She laughs. "Always the charmer, huh?"

"Come here," I say.

I pull her to me. We lay on the bed, holding each other. I kiss her, and she kisses back. I tug at her sweater a bit, silently willing her to take it off. Finally, she gets the hint, and takes off her sweater.

I am mesmerized by her lacy bra. "Uh, it's... Purple," I stammer.

"No," she says. "Really?"

"Ahh," is all I can manage to say.

"You act like you've never seen a girl's boobs before."

"I haven't."

"Well then, let's go, then."

She launches herself at me. She straddles me, kissing me. She has her arms on the sides of my head, and I have my hands on the soft curves of her waist. It feels so sexy that I could die.

I try to unhook her bra, but I am having difficulties. "It unhooks from the front," she says, laughing.

"Oh," I reply. "That'll probably do it." I unhook her bra.

"Where do you want me to put it?" I ask.

"What?" She splutters.

"Oh wow, no. Your bra, I meant."

She laughs. "How about how I show you exactly where to put it?"

"I'm good with that."

She once again straddles me, and we make out even more. It is amazing how fun this is. I can't help but think that we're about to go to the next level.

I pull away, sitting next to her. "Are we about to go to the next level?"

"Is that what you want?"

"I'd rather stick with outercourse instead."

"What the hell is outercourse?"

I laugh. "Do you want me to show you again?"

____

The song on the side is "Hot in the City", by Billy Idol.