Complex Korean Letters

Make sure you've memorized the sets of letters I've provided  before continuing to work through this chapter!

Our Place holder letter, aka NG sound

This letter "ㅇ" can be seen as a "ng" or a place holder.

Here I'll show you:

In the word bang:

방 - the circle at the bottom represents "ng"
(The "circle" at the bottom, as well as all the letters in any alphabet, is known as a character)

In the word an:

안 - the ㅇ character isn't pronounced at all, it's silent and is simply there as a place holder.

I hope you now roughly understand ㅇ   *^~^*

The letter and :

ㄲ or ㅋ

They both sound similar to the normal ㄱ, which is G/K in the English alphabet. They are more forced than the ㄱ we know and is said stronger than ㄱ alone.

The letter P:

Everyone always asks me the same question. How can you tell the difference between B and P in Korean?

I say you should listen to the Korean speaker and see how much force they put onto the B or P to distinguish which one it actually is, it'll help you a lot.

So you should know by now that the letter ㅂ in the Korean alphabet , is P in the English alphabet.

ㅃ, is a more forced way of saying ㅂ, just like ㄱ and ㄲ.

The letter for P in the Korean alphabet is, ㅍ.

The letter ㅅ, is S in English, right?

So ㅆ, is SS in English?

Yeah, so exactly like ㅃ and ㄲ,
ㅆ is more forced than a normal ㅅ.

CH in chat is also a new letter.
It's written like this:

ㄸ in English is, DD, meaning that it's pronounced more strongly than the single ㄷ.

The same goes for ㅈ, and ㅉ. The double ㅉ, is said stronger than the singular ㅈ.

I hope this lesson hasn't confused you too much!
ㅜㅡㅜ

Please let me know!

~EDITED~
9/28/2017