Chapter 6

The year next term started with a ceremony, and, as usual, Naruto was next to Sasuke in the row. They furtively glanced at each other sideways, maybe to assert each one's reaction towards the other.

Back in their normal classroom, both return to speaking to their friends.

"Hey, Naruto! Is it true you went to xHixxxshi this summer?" Haruno Sakura asked.

She was the girl Naruto had always had a crush on.

"Y-Yeah it's true!" He replied. "Why? Were you there too?"

"Huh? No, it's just...did you happen to see Sasuke-kun there? I heard he has a house there!"

Naruto did not expect that kind of question.

"Err...Yes, bumped into him once but..."

"How was he? Was he wearing swimming trunks or a bathing suit? And did..." Sakura pestered him with questions, tailed by other Sasuke fangirls.

"Herm, I don't..."

"Would you shut your mouth, Haruno!" Uchiha was suddenly behind Naruto, pissed the girls would annoy his friend with those petty things. "If you have something to ask me, then ask ME, stop bugging Uzumaki, you stupid girls."

Everyone in the classroom had stopped talking and was now staring at the group in the back of the class.

Sasuke had now moved slightly in front of Naruto, in a protective sort of way. He was glaring furiously at Sakura, who was on the verge of crying.

"O-Oi, Uchiha! No need to be mean, she wasn't bothering me!" Naruto pleaded.

"So you were going to answer questions about me?" Sasuke amused.

"No, I was just going to say that I just saw you once, fully dressed, and that's it!" Naruto retorted. He turned towards the girl. "Sorry Sakura-chan, can't help you more than that!"

She completely ignored Naruto. "I'm so sorry Sasuke-kun! I just want to know more about you! So..."

"By asking about my swimwear? What a joke!" Sasuke snapped. "And he just answered you, so don't ignore him like that!"

"Uchiha, stop! Come on, it's nothing I'm telling you!"

Sakura and the girls ran out of the classroom, ducking their heads. The rest of the students were still watching them; Sasuke glared in their direction and they returned to their conversations.

Naruto made a facepalm gesture. "I can't believe it! Are you happy now? What's wrong with you, Uchiha?!"

"They're making fun of you, Uzumaki! Are you okay with that?!" Sasuke blurted out.

Uzumaki's eyes widened, he didn't expect his longtime rival to defend him.

"It's none of your business, dammit!" He exclaimed. "But thanks, I guess..."

Naruto went back to his friends, who jumped on him for an explanation. Sasuke sat back at his desk and kept looking at Naruto with protective eyes.

******************************************

After the classes, and after Sasuke's club activities, the 2 boys met in the vacant classroom in section B as usual.

"What are we going to work on now?" Naruto asked.

"Today, we're just going to review the summer homework together to see if you understood it well."

The sun was already setting, bringing back memories as it lit the room and the boys faces with orange colors. And while Naruto worked on the corrections Sasuke indicated him, the latter was once more watching is pupil attentively.

The 2 weeks after he met Naruto during the vacation, Sasuke was overwhelmed by a weird feeling, which he didn't recognize entirely. Now that he was seeing his 'pupil' again, he knew what that feeling was: Longing.

Biting his lower lip, he bent over the desk to whisper in the blond boy's ear:

"I missed you, Naruto..."

Naruto quickly raised his head, nearly giving Sasuke a head-butt. Their faces were inches apart; Naruto brought his hand to his ear like he had done during the summer and his face was crimson once again.

"Na...Who are you calling Nar...?! Ngh!"

Naruto couldn't finish his sentence as Sasuke closed the few inches between them and kissed him. Naruto kept his lips closed, he gripped Sasuke shirt with shaking hands to push him away but couldn't do it; instead he just let his hands rest there.

Uchiha put his right hand on the back of Naruto's neck as he gave him a fuller kiss. Naruto relaxed a little, giving an opening as Sasuke tried to use his tongue.

 But as soon as Naruto felt the wet and warm thing licking his lips, he backed out and shoved Sasuke away

They were both breathing heavily as they looked at each other in the darkening room.

"Wh-why did you do that...?" Naruto muttered slowly, wiping his mouth off with his sleeve.

"I told you: I missed you." Sasuke explained simply.

Naruto blushed more. "That's not...I sort of missed you too... Maybe..." He muttered. "But I wouldn't k-ki..."

He wouldn't say the word; it was the 2nd kiss of his whole life that had been given by that boy! He pouted at Sasuke, got up and left the room hastily.

"I hate you!" He said, as he was passing the threshold of the door.

Sasuke stared at the door for a minute. He closed his eyes and slowly licked his lips as if to taste Naruto's once more.

"See you tomorrow, my little fox."

********************************

[Note: be aware that English is NOT my native language, so there are obviously some grammar and other spelling mistakes. Be lenient towards me please ;)