chapter 11

Third Person POV:

When Taehyung had gotten home, darkness covered his apartment and only the small fraction of light peeping through the kitchen could be seen.

Despite the dimness, Taehyung knew for a fact that the figure lying on the couch was Kyungmin. Her head was leaning on the backrest, hair pulled into a messy bun, and a children's book sprawled on her legs.

He stared at her for who knew how long before he darted his attention to the baby on the crib, also sleeping soundly like her mother. Carefully, he pulled up the blanket, tucking Aeri under the sheets for a more comfortable position.

"Kyungmin," he softly called, tapping on her arms. Although hesitant, he thought Kyungmin could eat dinner first before dozing off.

"Lee Kyungmin," he repeated, more firmly, causing Kyungmin to stir in her position.

Her eyes slowly flew open, consciousness slowly sinking in.

"Oh... Taehyung," she groggily spoke up and a yawn escaped her lips. "Uh, what time is it?"

"A little past seven," answered Taehyung, still crouched down to level himself to her.

Kyungmin felt the hardbound of the book on her legs, and she figured she had fallen asleep whilst reading a story to Aeri.

A groan escaped her lips as she got up from the couch and she approached Aeri's crib, placing a shade on top of her. Forthwith, she reached for the switch on the wall.

When Kyungmin flickered the lights on, Taehyung noticed the way her eyes recoiled from the sudden brightness. His lips parted, about to tell her that it was fine to keep them off, but something else drew his attention.

He wasn't sure what it was: The reason which pulled his attention to her.

Perhaps for a second, he got anxious that Kyungmin looked disarrayed in front of him—the messy bun, loose shirt and pajamas (though she looked comfortable in it), and how she was fine letting him see her like that.

Or maybe it was because even though in the current state of a mess Kyungmin was in, Taehyung found her breathtaking. Actually, scratch that. She wasn't a mess in Taehyung's eyes at all.

"Oh," Kyungmin breathed out, realizing that Taehyung had been staring at her. She gave a dry smile. "Anything wrong?"

Kyungmin's current passiveness was new to Taehyung. It was more than unusual, and he took note that maybe afternoon naps would do good to her.

Taehyung's lips broke into a rectangular smile, trying to make the atmosphere lively.

"I brought dinner." Taehyung raised a paper bag. "I wanted to cook something, but I wasn't sure."

"You know how to cook now?" Kyungmin teased, and instead of taking it in a negative way, Taehyung's insides felt lighter. He was used to Kyungmin throwing her wit there and then lately, and part of it included their small banters.

"No," responded Taehyung, smile not faltering. "But I'm an expert with helping you cook."

"We'll see," she marveled. "Anyway, you go get changed, I'll prepare this in the kitchen." She took the plastic bag from Taehyung, and before she could fade into the kitchen, Taehyung yanked on her arm.