chapter 27

"Do you even eat anything aside from cup noodles?"

Jungkook blinked at me as a sheepish smile formed on his lips. He did not need to answer my question as it was crystal clear.

With a small sigh, I pulled my hair into a bun and turned the stove on as Jungkook peeled the potatoes.

I wasn't sure if I should call it mere coincidence that I saw Jungkook by the convenience store near my old apartment building and found out later on that he had recently moved in. Such a small world, I might comment.

But then it wasn't pleasant to see him at all with his pushcart stuffed with nothing but different flavors of cup noodles. I dread for this kid's health.

"Your eating habits scare me," I thought aloud as I searched for a ladle in one of the drawers.

Jungkook told me that Jimin and Hoseok were coming over, hence the cup noodle haul, and I thought that since I had time, I'd cook for them. At first, Jungkook was really hesitant about it. Turned out he didn't actually have a stove in his unit which then confirmed my presumption that he ate nothing unless instant was written on it.

As a result, we had to use the stove in my apartment.

"Noona, how should I slice the potatoes?" asked Jungkook and I looked at him over my shoulder.

"Just slice it in three parts."

Jungkook hummed as a response and did as I had told him.

Sprinkling salt and pepper, I started to season the meat on the pot. Since Jungkook told me that the two would be coming over in two hours, I decided to make beef stew as I would have enough time to cook it.

Most of the time spent cooking had been silent. But it wasn't awkward at all. Just plain silent. Even when I had first met Jungkook, he already had this aura around him where you could immediately tell he did not talk a lot, but at the same time, his presence would not make you feel out of place.

After we were done, I transferred the beef stew into medium sized lunch containers, and we went down to Jungkook's apartment unit which was three floors away from mine.

As we entered his unit, I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket and I fished it out.

"Kyungmin-noona, hyung told me they're on their way." I heard Jungkook inform me while I read the message Taehyung had sent me.

"Actually, I think I won't be able to stay," I told him with a frown.

Slight disappointment etched on Jungkook's face as he gaped at me with round eyes.

"But you spent time to cook for us, noona," he thoughtfully said.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," I assured him. "I just need to go now. Tell Jimin and Hoseok-oppa I said hi."

I adjusted my sling bag and wiped off the non-existent dust on my pants. Before I opened the door, I glanced at Jungkook over my shoulders.

"And you can keep the containers, or just return them whenever," I told him.

"Bye noona. Take care!"