Between two lungs

Ficlet 2: Florence + The Machine - Between Two Lungs    

Between two lungs it was released (it was released)

The breath that passed from you to me (Passed from you to me)

It flew between us as we slept ( as we slept)

That slipped from your mouth into mine (mouth into mine)

It crept between two lungs (two lungs)

It was released (released)

The breath that passed from you to me (you to me)

It flew between us as we slept (as we slept)

That slipped from your mouth into mine (into mine)

It crept

Because it was trapped

Trapped between two lungs

It was trapped between two lungs

" - yes, Ma."

"Fine i will tell him that."

"I'm still your son, y'know. Why don't you tell that to him yourself."

"I'll call you once we landed." Krist huffed into his phone, fingers playing with the frayed threads at the bottom of his white jeans before saying his goodbye to his mother.

They're only going for a short trip to Manchester but his mother acts as if he and Singto planning to migrate there instead.

Talking bout the said older man, Singto been holding his laughter and almost breaks into a giggle fits looking at Krist's exasperated expressions, eyes soft with fondness as he rubs soothingly on krist calf that was perched on top of his.

"Can you believe this. I am her son but she's worried that i might starve you. Keep going on and on if you brought enough warm clothes, if you brought along your vitamins - blahblahblah" Krist whines, shifting into a more comfortable position with his free hand warm and steady, as it curled on Singto knee while another busy with his phone.

"Sometimes i think she loves you more -" krist mumbles, lips curved into a pout, before leaning his forehead on Singto bony shoulder.

Singto smiles although it tinged with worry, he then tilt his head to look at Krist face and fought the urge to run his nose against Krist overtly pleasant features but instead uses the back of his forefinger, stroke the side of Krist's face in affection before massaging the back of his neck and then settling his hand against Krist nape.

Krist hums in appreciation, smiling sleepily at Singto as he rubs his nose into the line of Singto shoulder taking comfort in his familiar smell before moving his face deeper into his neck.

Krist didn't really had much sleep for the past two weeks, and has been running around on caffeine and energy bars while studying for his finals. It was a hectic semester for him with thousands and one things to do and then the bloody quizzes that when he finally done with the final paper for the semester he felt as if a huge boulder been lifted off his shoulder. 

Well until he gotten home. Both he and Singto didn't pack for their trip despite their flight is the very next day or rather few hours thereafter, to be more specific. [Oh well. It happens to the best of people.]