Chapter 3

The above image is of Alex Prange as Connor Monteith.

***

Sawyer's POV

The week went really smooth. Renae always joined us during the break. She had made her really comfortable with us, especially Dyl.

On the other hand Clair was continuously forcing me to express my feelings to Dyl.

But I'm still not ready for that. I don't want to put this long friendship at stake. I can't risk losing it. And I can't explain this fear of losing a strong relation to Clair. So I just avoided that topic as much as possible.

It's Sunday morning, and therefore despite being 11 o'clock I'm still in my bed. Thinking about possible situation when I'm actually with Dyl. Looking at him, lovestruck. Going on and on.

A knock on my door interrupted my fantasy. There I saw my younger sister peeping through the door.

"What are you doing there Emm?" Emm is what I call her for Emma. She has got same hair as mine but really beautiful hazel eyes.

She entered my room with a wide smile in her blue top paired with a white jeans.

"Mom told you to come down for your really late Sunday breakfast and we are leaving for my singing classes." She informed me in one go and got a quick "ok" as a reply.

I brushed my teeth and had a quick bath. After dressing up, I lazily headed for my breakfast waiting for me on the dining table.

I was about to finish my breakfast when my phone started ringing.

I quickly placed my now empty plate in the dishwasher and received the call.

"Hey Sawyer, its Connor here. Renae have invited us over her house. Would you like to like come?" What!! "Why would I...." Connor interrupted me, "Dyl and I are going."

My eyes went wide. So-this-is-all-about-Dyl. "Yeah I'm coming." I replied without even thinking twice.

"Great! See you soon. I'll text you the address.", he replied excitedly.

-----

So here I am. In front of a huge house which resembles more like a mansion. I locked my car and dragged myself towards the wooden frontdoor. With a sigh, I ring the doorbell. After few shuffling sound, I hear the door lock click.

"Hi, are you Sawyer?"a boy around same age as mine asked me. He had ocean blue eyes and hairs all messy.

I nodded to him and he locked the door after inviting me in.

"Hi! I'm Noah Mills, Ranae's elder brother.", the blue-eyed boy introduced himself.

"I'm Sawyer. Nice to meet you.", I curtly replied.

"Same here.", he replied just when we were about to enter the living room.

"Sawyer's here!", he announced loud enough for everyone in the other room to hear.

Soon I entered the living room where Dyl and Connor were already present.

Dyl and Connor were seated on each side of the couch leaving a space of one person to sit in between. Ranae was no where to be seen.

"Umm..hi. Where's Ranae?", I asked in general.

"Hello Sawyer! Finally you made it. We were waiting for you.", she entered the room with few cans of coke and a packet of chips.

She was wearing a black crop top with blue shorts. Her hair was neatly tied in a nice ponytail.

Later on she introduced us to her brother which I knew already. Later on I got to know that he is just a year older than us and goes to the same school.

Nothing special happened overall except for Ranae diverting each and every topic towards Dylan.

This was making me really uncomfortable as Ranae was evidently ignoring our presence while, according to her, was trying to know each other better and that was just Dylan. What fumed me was that Dyl was in fact enjoying her attention.

Sensing the awkwardness, Connor decided to call it a day.

We bid our goodbyes and headed to our cars. It was good that Dyl didn't talked to me after that or else I would have really blasted over him. And I drove back home.

-----

Mom and Emm were already home by the time I reached. It was already dinner time.

The dinner was quite as usual with some talks here and there.

I quickly finished my dinner and went back to my room. Today's day was replaying in my head on repeat, giving me a weird feeling inside.

I wanted to call Dyl and ask about today but decided against it and drifted off to sleep.

***

Hey readers,
Did you all liked the chapter?
Do like and comment your views or suggestions.
Corrections are welcome.

-Arshin