Chapter 11: Aeyon Hollows

"What a frustrating girl," I think to myself. "I was trying to be gentlemanly, but no. Though I suppose this whole thing is weird for her."

I take my shirt of and change into sweats, then head to bed. After I've fallen asleep I'm woken by the sound of the doorbell. I check the time and it's 3:24 am. I curse under my breath and throw a shirt on as I'm walking down the stairs.

I get to the door and check, seeing that Lu's fast asleep. I open the door and see the girl from earlier. "What do you want?" I snap.

"I need somewhere to stay the night, be that you sleep with me or not," she says.

"Go find yourself a hotel then," I say.

"Can't, Kura will kill me," she says.

"Then go to Kura's house and beg her to let you stay the night," I snap.

"No, you don't get it, she'll kill me if I don't end up staying the night here," she pleads.

"What are you?" I ask, glaring.

"I'm a local vampire, you might know of us, my brothers run a club downtown," she says.

"Go crawling to Grifith for help then," I snap. "Kura knows she's paying for what she's doing already. She won't attack you on enemy grounds."

I hear a thud behind me and cringe. I hear Lu muttering and then stand. I dread as I hear her walking towards me. She looks around me and asks, "Who's this?"

"A relative of Grifith's apparently," I answer.

"Oh, I recognize you, you're Edulis's sister. It's Illas right?" Lu asks.

"Yes, I'm Illas, and usually I'm Grif's brother not Edulis's," she says.

"So, Illas, it was not great seeing you again, especially at 3 in the morning. Go beg on someone else's door step," I say, closing the door.

"Let me say one thing, Kura's going to be happy to know that the reasons that your with some other girl tonight," Illas gets in with a smirk.

"What was she here for?" Lu asks.

"Kura's threatening her apparently, because I really wanted to make that 3 am phone call," I mutter sarcastically.

"Well you do that, I need my sleep," Lu says, she walks back over to the couch and hers her self situated.

I walk up stairs and once I find my phone I dial for Kura. After a few rings she picks up. I start very calmly, and ask, "why the hell did that girl from earlier just show up on my doorstep?"

"Oh, you mean the vampire chick?" Kura mutters. "I threatened her, but I didn't actually mean it."

"She came to my door just now begging," I say.

"Yeah, she was supposed to ask if she could just sleep on your couch or something," Kura says.

"Yeah, that wasn't an option tonight, I have a guest," I say, my temper rising a bit.

"Is it only?" Kura asks, suddenly interested.

"Even if it was, I wouldn't tell you," I snap. "It's just some girl that asked if she could stay the night because it was to late to go to a hotel."

"And you obliged?" Kura asks.

"Just so you know, I'm actually quite nice, and I do have a guest room," I say. "Well it was nuce speaking with you, goodbye."

I hang up and then head to bed, taking my shirt off on the way.

••••••••••••

I wake up to the feeling of cold hands against my stomach. I open my eyes and find Lu sleeping soundly next to me. I carefully move and then leave the room, being as quiet as possible.

I make myself some breakfast and turn on the news. I quickly tune the news out and attempt to get some things done. After around two hours I turn off the TV and go up to my room. I enter quietly and grab a shirt, a pair of pants and my jacket.

I go to the bathroom down the hall and change. I then head back to my room and when I open the door instead of Lu sleeping her back is facing me and she's taking her shirt off. I close the door quickly and start walking away.

The door opens and Lu calls out, "Wait!" I turn to face her and she says, "Did you see the tattoo?"

"Yes," I say. It was black dragon that basically covered her entire back.

"Wow things went down hill quickly this morning," Lu mutters. "First I wake up in your room, I should mention that I sleep walk. Then you see that tattoo."

"What's significant about that tattoo?" I ask.

"You'd be the fourth person to see it, excluding the artist," Lu says. "Only my dad, Edulis, and Grifith had seen it prior."

"When you get it?" I ask.

"6 months ago, after I lost the necklace that had the same dragon on it. The necklace was my last gift from my mother," Lu explains.

"Why have those specific people been the ones that have seen?" I ask, attempting to not sound suspicious.

"Grifith had the picture to have it done off of, so I felt obligated to show him the final product. Edulis was with me the whole time that I was getting it done, I was worried because they were going to put me under for it. My dad, he saw part of it a little while after I got it and basically told me to show him," Lu says. "That was ridiculous, his upshot of the whole ordeal was to for me to show him the design before I got the tattoo next time."

"Do you know why it was a dragon?" I inquire.

"This is turning 20 questions," Lu mutters. "My mother has something to do with it. Not quite sure, my dad refuses to tell me anything."

"I'll stop now, I was just curious," I say.

"It's doesn't bother me, I got a 20 questions from my dad, for both tattoos," I say.

"You have two?" I ask.

"Yeah, I also had a roses tattoo on my right side," Lu says.

I think to myself, "Can't wait to see."

"Oh and I really do apologize for this morning," Lu says.

"No problem, but please keep your cold hands away from me," I say. "That wasn't pleasant."

"Oh really?" Lu questions, raising her eyebrows. She walks over and places her hand right on my face.

I take a step back and threaten, "I will kick you out Luceil."

"Oh really?" Lu asks, once again.

"Yes, really, you need to go home anyways," I remind her.

"I can stay here till 9 pm for all I care," Lu says.

"Says the girl who lied to her father about why she wasn't at home for curfew," I remind her.

"Just so you know, if I leave, I will come back," Lu threatens. She turns around and heads to the bathroom. She comes out with her clothes in hand and says, "I'm also holding your clothes hostage." She passes by and then says, "You have nice abs by the way."

I turn around to look at her as she heads to leave my house. I think to myself, "That was so not cool, yet smooth."