Chapter 1

"Now, our meeting is scheduled this Thursday, and will be continued until Monday."

"That's quite a while, do you really think such a time is necessary?"

"We have lots to cover."

"Then it's settled."

The conversation between the two males echoed throughout the room, as other less important topics rose up. The tension between the Russian Federation and the United States was at its peak, causing Russia to turn to its greatest ally- People's Republic of China. The officials decided that their personifications would get together and discuss the most important things. That's how it came down to the two sitting at the same table. Ivan Braginsky and Yao Wang have met before, briefly, but always in the presence of government officials.

"I should really get going now, I have to fill out some papers at home." Yao stated, biting his lip at his own words. He really had nothing to do, but he did not feel comfortable being one on one with the other.

"Of course, it was nice seeing you, I look forward to Thursday."

"Likewise." The onyx-haired male hoped that the lies in his words weren't too obvious to spot. Regardless of that, the two stood up and walked out of the room, each taking their own path. Yao really did miss his large home in Beijing, the hotel he was staying in was no comparison, even if it was Moscow's largest one. Opening the large wooden door, he pulled his coat tighter around his frame. The time was early April, yet the weather outside was rather chilly. Yao spotted a taxi at the end of the street and made his way towards the bright yellow car, hoping that it would not drive away.

"Will you be able to reach this address?" The Chinese man took out a piece of paper with the hotel's address neatly written on it in black ink, silently praying that the taxi driver spoke English, and that the trip wouldn't end in a disaster.

"Sure, as long as you have money." The driver laughed. A wave of relief overcoming the male, he eagerly got in the passenger seat, and watched the driver start the car.

"So, aren't you China's representation? I've seen you on TV quite a lot." The driver asked, not taking his eyes off the road. Yao turned to the man, looking him over. He looked young, maybe in his twenties, with messed up brown hair and green eyes.

"Yes, I am." Was the only proper response to the question at the time.

"You're doing a good job. Show those Americans who's boss!" The driver smirked, stopping at a red light. Yao looked at him weakly. The man clearly did not understand that the Union between Russia ad China was created as a last resort. However, he decided not to state the truth out loud, for he knew that Russian patriots have an opinion of steel.

"I'm Alexei. Nice to meet you." The driver turned to the Chinese man, smiling. However, Yao did not return the excitement.

"Likewise." Yao wondered how many times he'll have to say that word, just so people will let him be.

"I know you already, from TV and everything." Alexei continued, "It's nice meeting a personification. Kind of like meeting a celebrity, you know?"

"Guess so." Yao did not understand how talkative some people are. He was tired from the earlier meeting, and this man was making it worse.

"We're gonna reach the hotel in a minute or two, so get ready." The Chinese male didn't respond to the comment, but instead looked out the window at Moscow's gloomy April weather.

"Does it always rain here?" He quietly asked, not sure if he was talking to the other man or himself.

"Not always. The weather is going to get better in a month or so. You should see what happens to St. Petersburg during the spring. They call it Northern Venice for a reason!" Alexei exclaimed, happy to see that the male was talking with him.