Chapter 6

"Hey Katya, look, it's snowing!" A young Russian boy ran up to his older sister, smiling happily.

"It is. Isn't it pretty?" She replied, her gaze focusing on the fluffy white flakes swirling downwards in a spiral pattern.

"Can I go outside? I haven't seen snow in so long!" The violet-eyed boy exclaimed, bouncing from joy.

"Of course, but you have to put on warm clothes, or else you'll get sick. Take your sisters too." She yelled the last phrase in the direction where the boy was running, for he took off right fter she agreed.

"Lena, Natasha, come outside and play with me!" He threw the door to his younger sisters' door open , and ushered them to follow him.

"It's too cold. Let's stay inside." His youngest sister shivered even though she already had two blankets on top of her.

"I think that's a wonderful idea! Come on, Nata, it won't be for long." The Karelian girl pulled her sister up and dragged her out of the room.

"This is ridiculous, I want to go back inside." The blonde girl huddled next to the other two as her brother walked farther out and grabbed a handful of snow.

"It's so beautiful." His small hand grew red and he clutched it tighter, "yet so cold..." Turning around, he tossed the snow at the Belorussian girl, who shrieked in surprise.

"I'll avenge you, little sister!" The ashenette grabbed as much snow as she could fit in her hands, and threw it back at the boy, both of them laughing.

"Hey, you don't need to protect me!" Their sister ran after them, flailing her arms.

The older Ukrainian girl watched from the window at the laughing children, warmly smiling. They looked so joyful, so untroubled, so free...

Opening his eyes as fast as he could, letting them adjust to the darkness, Ivan shuddered at the memory. He has been getting lots of flashbacks lately, some of happy times, some ot so much. Sighing, he turned around, expecting to see the large window of his room, but instead was faced with the back of the Chinese personification, all recent events coming together for what seemed like the thousandth time. He carefully got up from his bed and walked towards the window, one of the only two. The sight outside shocked him more than anything could at the moment. Snow. The entire cast backyard was filled with a thin layer of the pearly thing.

"Must be deja vu or something." He assumed and turned back to the bed when he heard the bedsheets moving.

"What are you doing up so early? It's like five in the morning." Yao stated, half asleep.

"I just woke up. I'm not exactly sure why." Ivan tried his best to compose himself and lie.

"Okay. Let's go make coffee or something, since neither of us are going to back to bed." The male sat up and got out of bed.

Ivan bit his lip in irritation. He didn't even mean to wake the other up, but now he was stuck having to go and socialize. Not that he had anything else to do, anyway. Reluctantly, the Russian followed Yao down the stairs into the kitchen.

When he walked into the kitchen, he already found the onyx-haired male fiddling with the kitchen appliances, so he didn't even say a word. Considering how tired Ivan was, he decided it would be a good idea to let the other make food for once. After all, Chinese food really was amazing.

Not giving it a second thought, Ivan rested his head on the table, looking out the window onto the freshly fallen snow.

"It's a wonderful sight." Yao stated, gazing at the window as well. Although Ivan took notice of him, he didn't even turn his head in the other's direction.