Three

Harry and I sat in his old tree house for almost an hour, catching up on pointless things. We looked absolutely nuts trying to squeeze our two teenage bodies into a small tree house built for 5 year olds. He still kept the drawings we made on the walls, and the Polaroids we took as young teenagers. His dark demeanor faded slowly away with each laugh he let out.

"So you don't even have the purple jack wills sweater anymore?" I laugh setting down my empty plate on the side.

"Nope! Black all day every day now. I dated a girl named Megan and she took the sweater. I actually liked that one too." he laughs with me. He hasn't brought up any of the deep stuff and each time I try to ask about his "change" or his dad, he ignores the topic and goes onto something lighter. I figured I'd wait until he's really ready to talk.

The sun has already set and Harry and I were sitting in silence together. A small lamp lit the space of the tree house and I could see Harry looking at me with his trademark stare. He still wore that charming smirk on his face, and I actually notice his features for the first time. His brown curly hair was pushed out of his face, and it made his eyes look lighter. He's always had dimples, ever since we were kids, but they definitely help him out now when it comes to charming ladies.

I eye the tattoos visible on his tanned skin and he follows the direction of my attention, "What do your tattoos mean?" I ask curiously.

"These ones?" he says pointing to the few on his arm. Harry was cut off by his phone buzzing in his pocket and he pulls it out to check the caller id. "Uh....hold on Madelyn... I need to take this." he looks at me worriedly. I wave him off, and he makes his way down the ladder and out of the tree house.

Harry stayed right below the tree, so I could see and hear him from just outside the window I was sitting by. "Don't touch him! He didn't do anything to you?! ........I have your money. Just leave him alone!" I see Harry pacing back and forth and running his hands through his hair. "I'm kind of busy right now!.......Can't you make some time for me Lou?" His voice is angry, with a hint of annoyance. "Fine! I'll come." He angrily hangs up and glances up to the treehouse. I quickly turn away, hoping he didn't see me eavesdropping. I hear Harry making his way back up the ladder until his head pokes through the small door.

"Sorry Madelyn. I've got some stuff to do. We'll do this another time." he gives me a sympathetic smile and takes the empty plates down with him. I clumsily follow him down the ladder and run after him before he gets to the garage.

Gemma appears right behind me, standing in the doorway of the garage. "Stuff with the boys aye?" She holds a wine glass in her hands, swaying the red liquid around the glass. I see Harry mount a shiny black motorcycle in the corner of the garage, and turn on the engine. I stare in shock and look to Gemma, who only laughs at my reaction. Of course Harry has a motorcycle. I should've guessed. It completes his bad boy persona. The persona that isn't even him. All of this gave me a headache now.

"George has Niall. They went to his house and when he wouldn't give out any info to where we are, they just took him." Harry groans and revs the engine.

Gemma pushes me forward towards Harry while walking toward him herself, "I think Madelyn should go with you." Harry glares at her in full disagreement. "C'mon Haz. You know George won't do anything because he wouldn't want to scare her off." Gemma says grabbing the helmet that Harry had in his hands and handing him her wine glass.

"No way. I'm not bringing her into that. Gemma you know it's not safe." Harry warns, his tone a little more protective.

Gemma helps put the helmet onto my head and secures it for me. She takes the wine glass back and says to only me, "Whatever you do Madelyn, just stay by Harry. If you're by him, he'll stay safe, and he'll be able to keep you safe as well." I had no idea what was going on other than the fact that I'm being forced by Gemma to go somewhere with Harry that apparently was not safe for me at all. I always sided with Gemma though; we've always had some kind of girl power connection that made me trust her over anyone.