Seven

(dedicated to @pertinaci0us for featuring RUMORS in her Harry Styles Book Reviews! Go check her out and follow her and read her story, Open, because she's one of the coolest people ever. We had a good chat .xx ) 

Friday came a lot faster than I had expected, and before I knew it, Lacey and I were getting ready for the party. 

"Is it just me, or has Harry been weird lately?" I ask her while applying her eye shadow. 

"Madelyn, I thought we had this discussion. Harry isn't the same from when he was 14." Lacey laughs and opens her big brown eyes. 

I sigh and set down the makeup palette, and wipe my hands clean, "No, not that. He's just different all the time you know?" 

"I told you to get used to it. That's him now. You'll see him in action at the party. He's probably going to be playing all the drinking games or upstairs with some girl." Lacey shrugs and says so nonchalantly. 

"Hey take that back. That wasn't nice." I frown and defend my best friend. I love Lacey, but Harry doesn't deserve this, especially from someone who is supposed to be his friend. I hate how people have this perception of him.  And if I know Harry, it probably bugs him too. 

Lacey throws both hands up in surrender and goes back to applying her mascara.  "I was just kidding Madelyn. Are you guys dating yet? You obviously know more about him than the rest of us." 

"Dating? Harry? And me? That's ridiculous and you know that" I laugh in response. I can almost feel Lacey rolling her eyes at me, but really, she's got it wrong. If anything, Harry would be my default marriage in case I don't marry by the time I'm thirty- five or something. He's too close to me to be boyfriend material. We just couldn't. 

"So then you wouldn't mind if I try and get at him then?" she smirks while putting on her five inch heels. 

My mouth drops in shock, "You're into Harry?" I ask almost giggling. 

"Well I mean he's pretty easy to fall for. That whole bad boy mystique about him. Every girl at the school is all over him. They want to be the one to change his bad boy image."  Lacey casually tells me, shrugging it off like it's normal. 

The doorbell rings downstairs, and I squeal in excitement knowing it's Luke on the other side. I run downstairs, leaving Lacey behind, and open the door with a wide smile on my face. 

"Hey beautiful." He has a child like smirk plastered across his charming face. He was wearing his trademark black skinnies and a button down plaid shirt. I wrap my arms around his neck and his arms snake around my waist. I feel like a little girl in a candy shop, full of joy and excitement.  

"You didn't tell me he was THIS hot!." Lacey says from the top of the stairs. She makes her way down, long legs fully exposed in her mini dress, and sticks a hand out for Luke to shake. "I'm Lacey, her single best friend." 

"Hi Lacey, her single best friend." Luke laughs and shakes her hand. That laugh sends the butterflies all over my body. It's going to be a fun night. 

In the car, Lacey gives Luke the directions to the party, and I decide it's a good time to text Harry. He didn't try contacting me after our weird exchange at school, but it's only been a few hours. He's probably just hanging out with his boys before the party too. 

~On our way there. You there yet?~

My phone buzzes within seconds and I find myself stupidly smiling. 

~Already here love. See you soon .x~ 

The car ride wasn't too long. Most of it consisted of Lacey interrogating Luke to make sure he wasn't some creep. By the time we got to the house, Lacey approved of him and they were friends. The house was pounding with bass dropping music and the sun had just finished setting. There were already a lot of people filling the house, even some outside. This was one of the things I missed about California, New York can't throw a house party in the middle of Manhattan with all those apartments.