Eight

"What were you thinking!? Are you crazy!?" I yell first. Hopefully if I started the yell off, it wouldn't give him time to say anything too hurtful. "You were such an ass to him and he didn't even do anything to you!"

"Maddy I'm telling you. He's bad news." Harry narrows his eyes as he tries to wear off his leftover anger.

"SO!? People say you're bad news, but I still stick around!" My words have some sort of effect on him as I see his face drop in a mixture of shock and hurt. I knew it was crossing the line when I said it, but the only way I would get to him is if I offended him.

Harry takes a minute to respond, as he has always done. Even in the heated moments he still thinks before he speaks, a trait I've always admired in him. "Well if I'm such bad news why do you even stick around!?"

"You want to know why Harry? Because I know you're not who they say. And I know the real you. And for all we know, Luke could be just the same! So what if he maybe works for George. You do too, don't you?" He takes into consideration all the parallels I'm drawing, but I can tell his mind still isn't changed. It is just us standing in the front foyer, and I'm surprised we can hear each other over the ongoing party.

"Fine! But don't say I didn't warn you!" He practically screams at me and disappears out of my sight. I angrily turn toward the living room while I hear the front door open and shut behind me. He needs to cool down before he starts making stupid decisions. Good riddance.

HARRY's POV

"Lou. Where are you right now?" I say into my phone as I start up my car.

"At my place. You comin' over?" he asks knowingly.

"Yeah I'll see you then." I hang up before he says bye. I subconsciously pull at my hair and let out some random sound in frustration. Maddy thinks she knows everything but she doesn't. I'd swear on my mum's life that I've seen that kid around George's office and I'm not about to let Maddy get hurt. That damn girl can be stubborn as ever.

Lou was sitting on his couch watching soccer when I barge into his apartment. I would knock, but I know where he hides his spare key so what's the point. "What's up man?" Lou asks from his place on the couch.

"I need a drink. I need it now." I say opening up his liquor cabinet. I can hear Lou laugh as he gets up from his seat and joins me in the kitchen. We mix a few drinks together and make small talk while watching the game. Thank god you don't need much conversation to watch a soccer game because I still needed to calm my nerves.

"So what are you really here for mate?" Louis finally asks after the game finishes.

I sigh and decide to might as well tell him. I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't explain myself. "You ever heard of a Luke? Ash blonde hair, towering height, little boy figure, stupid smile, scrawny legs, ugly face-"

"Woah woah woah mate," Lou chuckles to himself, "I think I know who you're talking about, but the description isn't exactly spot on. You don't like the kid I'm guessing?" he places his glass into the sink and averts his full attention toward me.

"You know him? He's working for George. I fucking knew it that stupid jerk off." I curse him out while Lou sits back in amusement.

"Easy on the language there. I haven't seen you like this in a long time."

"That scum is interested in Maddy and I think George set him up for it. How else would they know each other? She says she ran into him at a store. Who the hell does that?" Maddy would tell me I'm over analyzing things right now, but I'd rather over analyze and act now than pick up her pieces later.