Six

Inside the casino, Zoe walked towards the closest bathroom and changed her appearance. She looked like just another average American at the casino gambling their life savings away. Stepping back out, she located a Reaver and followed behind him at a safe distance. He seemed to be heading towards the elevators, meaning he was more than likely heading up to where Charles, Logan, and Laura were. 

"Oh, hold the doors, please." Zoe spoke with a Southern accent as she watched the man push a button. He made no attempt to hold the elevator. Slipping her thin frame between the doors, she made it just in time, grateful she didn't change her appearance into a heavy woman. "Thanks." She smiled, like he had done something to help her. 

After passing a couple floors, Zoe glanced over at the man who had his focus dead set on the elevator doors. Quickly, Zoe jumped into action, successfully taking the man down with zero effort. "You should have held the door, asshole." She spoke to his lifeless body, switching back to her normal form. "I might have spared you if you had manners." 

It didn't take but a second to find their room once she reached the floor. More Reavers were placed outside a door, preparing to enter. Over their radios, Zoe overheard a man speaking. They knew she was there, and she was coming off the elevator. The man she just killed must have had a camera or some sort of device on him. It was the only way they could have known what just happened. 

The group in front of the room split. Three advanced into the room while two stood at the door, and the other half charged towards the elevators, after her. "Damn it." She mumbled to herself. It's not that she couldn't take them. It's that with each one she did take down, she was more than likely angering Pierce. Taking a deep breathe with a hard eye roll, Zoe stepped from around the corner and faced them. With weapon up, they aimed to fire. 

Zoe lifted her hands and with doing so, their guns with ripped from their grasp and disassembled in midair. The guys watched in terror and a bit of astonishment. One weapon remained together. This one Zoe took in her hands and turned it on them. "Doesn't feel so nice to be on the other end, does it?" 

Before they could plead, Zoe aimed the gun at their heads, putting a single bullet in each one. Each body went falling to the floor. Zoe threw the gun down and began running towards the hotel room, but something stopped her. Suddenly, she along with the men at the door became completely paralyzed. This was similar to what Zoe had felt in the clothing store with Annabelle, but so much more severe. This time, it wasn't just her. It was everyone. 

As much as she tried, she couldn't move. Zoe suddenly felt a presence behind her, but she couldn't turn to see who it was. Suddenly, Logan came darting in front of her, using his claws to move from wall to wall. It was quite assuming. If she could, she would have laughed at the sight. Especially when Logan was able to take out the two men stationed at the door. They didn't even stand a chance. 

Whatever Logan did worked because Zoe was finally free and the two bodies a couple feet from her went crashing onto the carpet. Dead. As she neared the room, Logan, Laura, and Charles came rushing out before she could even enter. "What happened?" She inquired, but didn't receive much of an answer.

"Oh, Zoe. I'm so glad you're okay." Charles gushed at the sight of her. 

"There's no time. Let's good." Logan urged, running straight to the elevator. They went into the elevator and headed back to the casino level floor. There were Reavers everywhere but none of they had yet to notice them. They slipped between the frantic crowd of confused people, and out to the valet area. Logan placed Charles into the back seat and Zoe hopped in beside him. While Laura sat in the passenger seat and Logan, obviously, drove. They sped off, leaving the entire mess behind him, but Zoe's mind was still back at the casino.