He was always optimistic, because pessimism made things messy and she loved being happy and he loved her. It would be so easy, wouldn't it? To be all doom and gloom as the love of your life lay beside you, and the doctors say it doesn't look good. And you're young. And you're in love. And your life feels like it's falling apart. It would be.. I cannot stress how easy it would be for him to sit beside her and cry everyday and feel bad for her and her family and his and himself and anyone who ever stopped to give her the time of day, but it's so powerful because he doesn't.

He believes she can hear him.

"i know you would hate hearing the story," he smiled just thinking about it, "but i love it. it makes me out to be some uber romantic boyfriend. i know you'd roll your eyes if you could. i know you'd hate me if you knew i did it. but you'd hug me and tell me i'm dumb and tell me to go back, that you'll be fine. i know what you'd do. and why do i think of this story? well it's been a couple months. and the flowers are blue today.

blue reminds me of the rain that day, because the streets seemed to be tinted blue. blue reminds me of the sadness and the tears and the, 'please don't leave me's'."

"what? baekhyun, do you really mean.."

"yes, i'm quitting. joesonghamnida.. but i must be there for her. you all will do great without me, i promise. you are all so talented." He smiled, facing everyone. All of the members stood before him, management and SM and everyone. And here he was telling them he had to leave. Because she was only getting worse, and he never saw her anymore.

"you're just.. leaving? just like that?" Chanyeol.

"do what you must, hyung." Kai.

A nod. Kyungsoo.

"we respect any decision you choose to make. but if you decide to return, know we'll welcome you fully." Suho, of course.

"you'd be so mad if you knew i quit. but please remember it's my choice. but you'd look so cute. you'd pout and cross your arms or scrunch up your nose in anger. you're so adorable. i can't wait till you get back."

when he quit