"mom, this is like the twentieth photo.. can't we just go now?"

     "alright, i suppose i have enough. have fun, deary. be safe! treat her right, baekhyun! if i find out you hurt her, i'll-"

"bye, mom!"

They were out the door like that, with a laugh, and Baekhyun waved unsurely at her mother. He wanted to make a good impression, sure, but she left him no time.

It was prom night. He was all dressed up, of course. He looked good in black, so that's what he wore. But the important part to him was that she looked stunning. She looked stunning in whatever she wore. He hoped people thought he looked good with her, that he matched up enough to be on her level.

However, he could tell she was miserable, and just as they began walking to the front doors of the school from the parking lot, he stopped in his tracks, making her turn around in confusion.

"what's wrong?" She frowned.

She had done her makeup lightly, not putting any extraordinary effort into it. She did it everyday, and she looked good; what else could she need? Her hair was down like normal, nothing overdone. She spent about half as much money on her dress as everyone else did on theirs, yet it was her, and he loved that. But she had put on a happy face for that night. She didn't want to go to prom. She didn't want to be in that crowd of drunk teenagers. She just wanted to make him happy. And he kept talking about that night. The truth is, he talked about it so much, because it was a night he'd have with her. He didn't talk about it because he was excited for the music or the dancing or the king and queen or anything; just her, she was his queen. She did it because he thought he wanted it. She did it because Chanyeol couldn't wait to show off his "dapper suit". She did it because Yixing wanted to show off his new girlfriend. She did it because Jongin wanted her to have fun and "let loose". She did it because Chen promised it'd be "hilarious" when he got Kyungsoo shit-faced.

"let's ditch."

"what?!" She thought he was insane.

     "let's ditch prom and go somewhere else."

     "baekhyun, i'm honestly fine, it's going to be fun."

     "i know you don't want to be here," He smiled a little at her.

     "but your friends want you here. and you've been talking about prom for months now. i'm not going to take this away from you."

     He simply grinned. "take off those heels and let's take a walk. i've been talking about prom so much because i get to spend a whole night with you, no worries. and you always look beautiful, so it's no surprise you do tonight. our friends can wait. it's you and i now, and i love you."