Chapter 1

A/N: Guys sorry wattpads being annoying with the spacing...but anyway Enjoy the Chapter! (:

Previously:

My relief and grin were long gone after I found a match too what the boy was, no it can't be. But there's the evidence. Noo way. More thoughts only lead to more unanswered questions, How can he be a vampire?

Chapter 1-

It's been almost four weeks since I discovered what the boy was, at first I couldn't believe it but then all the evidence was there. But just because I believe it, doesn't mean everyone else will. I wasn't planning on telling Mr.Todd anytime soon.

I was currently sitting on my bed staring at the ceiling, when I heard a knock on my bedroom door – I knew it must be Perrie because her and I share a flat. I've known her for years but she had recently dropped out of college and started working at a coffee shop near the flat. I mean, it's not like she needed the job, her parents were filthy rich and sent her loads of money each month. She thought it was something to keep her "entertained." But I don't see how serving coffee to grumpy people in the morning is entertaining.

"COME IN!" I yelled, before hearing the door open and the soft padding of footsteps across the wooden floor. A few seconds later I felt the edge of the bed dip down; that was when I finally turned my head to look at her and gave her a weak smile.

"Hey girly, I haven't had a real talk with you in days! You've been either in that boring lab or locking yourself in this room! Is this about that body again?" Perrie asked, her brow scrunching in concern.

Perrie was my best friend and I’d never had to hide anything from her before, so naturally when I saw her that fateful Sunday night, the guilt started to eat me alive. I knew there was something I wasn’t telling her, and she knew there was something I wasn’t telling her. It was like the worst method of torture; the kind that clawed at your insides, a slow, tormenting pain that’s too severe for you to ignore but too gentle to cause permanent damage. Not including mental scarring of course.

And the worst part? I was my own tormentor.

But fear kept me captive. The fear that I would me mocked and ridiculed by one of my nearest and dearest. That the one person I trusted most in the world, might not believe me. I wouldn’t blame her either, I barely believed myself. Maybe I had gone crazy; after all, they say every scientist does at some point or other in their life. Maybe my demise had merely come sooner than anyone would’ve thought... sooner than I’d hoped.

I was a prisoner in my own right; I had the keys to my freedom, yet couldn’t turn the lock.

For nights upon end, I stayed in the security of my room – trying to quell the guilt, to prove my sanity. It wasn’t until the 5th day that Perrie barged through the door of my cocoon of comfort demanding to know what my problem was. In a blind panic, I threw my arms over my computer screen in a pitiful attempt to hide the sea of tabs I had opened in a crazed attempt to prove the existence of vampires to myself.