Chapter 2

A blaring ringing noise filled my ears as I reached out to shut it off from my alarm clock... It took me a couple seconds to realize I don't have one, so the sound was obviously coming from my phone. I grunted while desperately fumbling through my bed sheets for it with my eyes still shut, I shut off the alarm and regretfully pulled the covers off and headed off to take a refreshing shower. After getting dressed, I combed my up hair up into pony tail and put some light make up on. I quickly made my way to Perrie’s room, I shook her gently to wake her up.

"Whaaaatt?!" She grunted, not turning to look at me

"Sorry, but don’t forget to call Rachel, I'm off to Uni. BYE," I said closing her bedroom door, before swiping the keys off the table and walking towards the front door.

---- At university---

I was staying after school in my lab, quickly finishing some stuff, when I heard a knock on the door.

"IT'S OPEN" I yelled.

My head snapped up when I heard the door open and saw Perrie and some girl walking in.

"Oh Hey Perrie! Who’s this?" I asked giving the girl a warm a smile.

"Kimberly, this is Rachel, and Rachel, this is Kimberly," she said, introducing us. The girl smiled warmly at me, extending her hand for me to shake.

I stood there frozen staring at her and at the moment I realized a witch is holding out her hand for me to shake.

A witch is in my lab.

A witch that looks nothing like the one that poisoned Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. She looked normal... and not only that but she was gorgeous. A hand moving in front of my face snapped me out of my stupid thoughts. I then realized I was just staring at her and my face reddened in embarrassment. I mentally slapped myself for making such a bad first impression.

"I'm sorry! It’s really nice to meet you Rachel," I said enthusiastically, putting my hand out for her to shake. She chuckled a little and shook my hand in return.

"It's fine, it's nice to meet you too. Perrie told me you know what I was, and I was kinda expecting that reaction," she said, shrugging.

"I'm sorry it's just I've never met a...witch." It's going to take me a while to get used to saying that.

"It's ok! So Perrie told me everything about the body you found, may I take a look?" she asked nervously.

I gulped before I answered, "Um, sure."

I walked to the small room in my laboratory that was meant to be for any lab materials but I had cleared it out. I put the body on a stretcher, locking it there and only opening it when I needed too.

I silently unlocked the door and all three of us walked in. When Rachel looked at the body I heard her gasp loudly and back away. I immediately got worried.