Chapter 4

The waving of a hand snapped me out of my train of thought,

"Earth to Kim!" Rachel said trying to get my attention.

"Yeah sorry, I was just thinking..." About one specific, curly-haired, beautiful boy. I can't believe that it was the same person who had attacked me back at the lab.

Once again, Rachel had to snap me out of my trance of thoughts. I really need to stop zoning out. I coughed awkwardly trying to act as if I wasn't gawking at the handsome green-eyed lad.

"Sorry again, um, may I speak to him alone?" I asked nervously.

Rachel looked at me as if I was losing it but I gave her a pleading look, and after a few moments of what looked like mental debating, she sighed in defeat, "Ok fine. Perrie and I will be out there, call us and we'll come right away, okay?" She said while furrowing her brows in concern, I chuckled a little and nodded. She sneaked a quick glance between me and the boy before grabbing Perrie's hand and hesitantly walking out.

I paced further into the room and stopped when I was right in front of the boy, the only barrier between us were the thick, metal bars. His head was bowed down, while his hands still clawed to edges of the chair. Close up, I noticed how lean the tall boy really was. I examined his bare feet and wondered why Rachel didn't offer him shoes. I slumped my head down and stood there silently waiting for one of us to speak first.

"Hi," it came out more as a chocked sound, and when I didn't get an answer I, cleared my throat and greeted him once again.

Still no answer.

I looked up and was met with bright emerald eyes - a stark contrast to his oddly pale and creamy skin. My lips parted at the sight. Wow this boy was truly breathtaking. With a huff, he slumped back in his seat once more, clearly bored by my pitiful attempt at conversation. I sighed and tried to break the awkward tension between us.

"What's your name?" I asked, desperately awaiting him to say something.

No answer.

"Well, my name is Kimberly, what's yours?"

No answer. I was starting to get irritated by his silence. I opened my handbag and took out a small bag of chips that I had saved for later and opened it. Maybe if I offer him food he will speak.

"Would you like some?" I asked while waving the bag in front of his face, hoping to get his attention. He looked up and blinked a couple times at me blankly, then bowed his head.

"Oh," I realized what I had done and mentally slapped myself for offering a vampire chips, I hastily stuffed the chips bag back in my purse.

"Sorry...I er...um forgot... so are you um going to talk?"

Still no answer.

I looked at him intently for a couple minutes hoping that he would say something. Unfortunately, the attractive boy put no effort into answering as he sat there with his head down, motionless.
"Well, I'll just see you tomorrow then." I huffed in defeat, and gave up while groaning as I walked out the room. This is much harder than I thought.

The second I came out the door I was chocked with questions, like 'how did it go', 'are you okay?' did he hurt you' and I wanted to laugh at that because honestly the boy looked harmless and not to mention that he was behind bars, so I don't see how he could have hurt me.

"Calm down guys, I couldn't even get his name," I confessed, they both looked at each other and Rachel decided to finally speak.

"His name is Harry."
----
Once I got back home, I noticed David's car in the parking lot. I glanced over to see him skimming through his phone and he didn't seem to notice that we are parked next to him and neither did Perrie. I turn to her and lightly tap her shoulder; she sat still as if she didn't feel it and continued to ponder out the window.