Good Morning

Chapter Two

The first day back at Hogwarts had run smoothly. After breakfast, Hermione went to the library to do some reading and Draco had given some tours around the school to the first years and second years who needed it. He gave these tours to Slytherins and Hufflepuffs in particular.

They then traded off, Hermione giving tours to Gryffindors and Ravenclaws while Draco took some time to read in the library - much to Hermione's surprise. To which he retorted, "Of course I read! How else would I have such amazing grades?"

Usually, the prefects would be the ones giving tours - but they had been put in charge of planning a Halloween party since the year had started so late. After all parts of Hogwarts had to be rebuilt after the war and new professors had to be found to replace the Defense Against The Dark Arts, Potions, and Transfiguration professors. McGonagall wished she could still teach it but alas she was Headmistress and didn't have time. These were the main reasons that the year had started in October.

That had taken the majority of their day and when they both finished the tours, Hermione had gone to the Gryffindor dorm to hang out with Harry and Ron, and Draco had simply returned to the Head Boy and Girl quarters.

After hanging out with her friends for a good amount of time, Hermione had finally returned to find Draco writing something.

Hermione joined him on the couch, sitting cross-legged with a book she had borrowed from the library.

She couldn't help it, she was a little bit nosy and glanced at what he was writing. She raised an eyebrow when she realized he wasn't writing words, but instead music notes. "What are you doing?" she asked.

His quill paused and he looked at her, confused as if he hadn't realized she was there. "I'm... attempting to write some music," he told her, "I play piano and wanted to try and write my own music..." he looked back down at the parchment paper.

"Well, that's cool. I wish I knew how to play an instrument," she mused, "How's it going?"

He shook his head, "Not well," he muttered, and then stood up. Still feeling strange in her company, he glanced at her. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Granger...er...Hermione."

She frowned a bit and then nodded. It would take awhile for them to warm up to each other, she knew that, but still, she had tried to have a pleasant conversation with him. She sighed and stood up, supposing she should get to bed as well, and both departed into their private rooms.

/**********************#**********************\

The first day of classes was about to begin and Hermione sprang up from her bed in excitement, immediately changing into her robe and Hogwarts uniform. She flew out of her room and without thinking about who exactly was in the next door room knocked on it rapidly, "First day of classes!" she exclaimed.

She heard a grumble, some shuffling around, and then finally, "Yes, yes, I'll be right out calm down Granger... I mean Hermione."

That's when she remembered exactly who was in the other room and her eyes widened. Last night she had dreamt that the Head Boy was Harry Potter - sure his grades weren't the best but it would make sense more than Ron at least (she had dreamt that too but had shaken herself out of it quite fast since it didn't make sense) he was a hero and a very well known name.

But no, her 'roommate' was Draco Malfoy. He opened the door, fully dressed except for his robe, and his hair was in a state of disarray, messy instead of nicely combed like usual.

"Good morning," he murmured, rubbing his eyes blearily before looking at her. "You sure are peppy this morning aren't you?" he narrowed his eyes a bit.