Chapter 1: The Schnee Family

Dust, in the modern day, is mined on a corporate level and sold throughout stores in each of the Remnant kingdoms. The top suppliers of Dust is the Schnee Dust Company, led by the Schnee family, which is where the company gets its name. Today the 8th generation has command, and is preparing on announcing the arrival of a new generation in their family. Anselm Schnee is currently the CEO of the company, and his wife, Theresia Schnee, is about to give birth to their first born. After a few hour of labor, Theresia gives birth to Weiss Schnee

As Weiss grew up, she was taught by the best teachers in all of Remnant, because one day she was destined to take over the company. Anselm could not always be around because he was distracted with the company, but he made sure to be there whenever Weiss needed him. Theresia made sure Weiss was never alone, spending time playing, studying, and relaxing together. Life, early on for Weiss, was happy.

However, for Anselm, life was going downhill. Ever since the Faunas War, the Schnee Dust Company got a bad reputation with the mistreatment of the Faunas, a problem that the last 3 generations were trying to rectify.

But when the White Fang, a group that was supposed to be the voice for Faunas rights, began to become violent, things became a lot more hectic. The White Fang had become a terrorist group, and the Schnee family was one of their main targets.

When Weiss was four, she, Theresia, and Anselm went out one day to go to a park in Atlas. Anselm needed a day off to let out some steam, and wished to be with his family. For a while, Anselm, Theresia, and Weiss laughed and played throughout the park with security not too far away.

However, unknown to them, someone sneaked past the security and planned something malicious towards the Schnees.  Anselm was pushing Weiss on a swingset while Theresia went to go rest on a bench for a little, after playing tag with Weiss. Then, a hand grabbed Theresia's shoulder, and a gun was fired.

Anselm and Weiss could hear the gun, but Weiss didn't understand what it was. Anselm grabbed Weiss and went to hide.

"D-daddy, wha-what about m-mommy?" Weiss stuttered, scared from Anselm's reaction to the loud noise.

"We'll go back and find her soon, we need to go get help first," Anselm explained quietly, hoping not to alert anyone hostile to their location.

Weiss fell quiet in Anselm's arms as he ran the security that was supposed to be protecting them. "Take my daughter to your guard station, now," Anselm handed Weiss over to one soldier while he turned towards the others. "The rest of you, come with me and we'll go and search for my wife," he ordered, storming back off towards where Theresia was sitting. However, when they arrived, they only found Theresia laying in a pool of her own blood that came from a bullet wound in the side of her head. What they also saw was a small White Fang flag floating in the blood as well, next to her head. Anselm had no idea what to feel. He went from feelings of grief, to depression, to unbelievable rage. 

Anselm Schnee was never one to show emotion. He was usually reserved, and acted as a professional. But when Theresia died, he didn't bother to stop tears from flowing. He didn't bother to stop himself from barking furious orders to the soldiers to hunt down the White Fang, and he did not stop himself from running to his daughter and holding her close to him, crying uncontrollably.

"The White Fang will pay for this, I swear," Anselm whispered to his daughter as he held her.

A/N: There is the first chapter of my first book ever! If you DIDN'T read the description before plunging into this story, you should know this story(As well as the other parts I've written) were based off ideas I had post Volume 2, and pre Volume 3. Therefore, for the sake of the story, I'm sticking with my names and backstories. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Please, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or criticisms, send me a message or leave a comment, and I'll be sure to reply as quickly as I can! This story will be updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and because this is the first day I've started posting my stories on Wattpad, I gave you all a two-for-one. Anyways, I'll see you all in the next chapter!