Chapter 5: Two Families

Three months after the hospital trip, Taiyang proposed to Summer, to which she responded with at least a thousand yes'. Summer was actually already pregnant, and the marriage would make their connection to each other truly official. Taiyang grew back to be the most respected huntsman in the Patch, and by his side would be Summer Rose, soon to be Summer Xiao Long. The two of them had gotten a babysitter for Yang so that they could go on hunts together. Life was great.

Taiyang and Summer even met powerful huntsman named Ozpin. The three of them had become very close since they met the day after Summer was let out of the hospital. One day, when Ozpin came to visit before another mission with the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Xiao Long, he had brought a family with him. There was a boy there, and he wore black pants and a blue military overcoat, with an orange "M" on it. He looked to be about two, Yang's age. The father had a more full military-like uniform: black armored bottoms, and full blue coat that had two rows of buttons along the front, heavily armored. The coat also had shoulder pads, and underneath each of those pads was an orange star. The mother had a full blue suit, spotted with black all over her body. It was a tight suit that allowed the wearer to be extremely agile.

"Who might these people be, Oz?" Tai asked when he opened the door for them.

"This is Mark Engle, as well as his wife Susan Engle," Ozpin said, motioning to each as he introduced them. "And this is their son, Sam."

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Engle, my name is Taiyang Xiao Long. Come in, come in!" he replied cheerfully as he stepped as side so they could enter.

"Excuse the mess, I didn't know we'd be having so many visitors," Tai said, as he led them to the living room.

"It's quite alright," Mark Engle replied, sitting down on one of the couches there.

"We're expecting one more person," Ozpin stated, looking at his scroll for the time.

"Actually, I'm already here," a voice claimed from another room. A few moments later the door had flown open, and Qrow stepped in, bowing to the three newcomers. Qrow was Summer's brother, and Tai had met him when he went back to the hospital.

"Greetings, old friend," Ozpin said, walking over to shake hands with Qrow.

"Good to see you too, Oz," Qrow retorted, taking the hand Ozpin had extended for him.

"So, any reason you brought these three here, Oz?" Taiyang asked, breaking the two from their greeting.

"Actually, yes," Ozpin responded. "These two here are extremely talented huntsmen, and I wanted to get them acquainted with you two, so you will be able to take part in missions together down the road."

"Sounds interesting enough, we are kind of down one," Qrow commented, motioning to the main bedroom door. "Summer's baby is due just a little before Yang's third birthday."

"So she's out of commission for a few months, got it," Ozpin gathered. "No problem, and the boy can stay here with Yang and Summer when we go out on missions."

"Sounds good, what's on the agenda this time?" Tai asked.

"Nothing too major, for all of us anyway. Big pack of Ursa just destroyed a town and made it their new nest. We go in, take out the Ursa, and come back out," Mark retorted, joining in the conversation.

"Sounds easy enough," Qrow thought out loud, popping his knuckles while saying so.

"I hope it will be the first of many missions we have together, to bring the world to a better place," Mark added.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Tai grabbed his weapon and headed for the door. The other adults followed suit, the Engle parents saying goodbye to their son for now. This would be the first of many missions that they all will face together. Eventually, Mark and Susan needed to tell Qrow, Tai, and Ozpin who they really are. When they do, they refuse to believe them, but they knew in their hearts it was true. Because of who they were, the Engle's would have a price on their heads, and one day it will catch up to them and bring them down.

That's another chapter in the books. Thank you for whoever may be reading, and I will see you all in the next chapter coming out on Wednesday!