A Note From Nadine Waters - the Author of the Book

Hi, I am a journalist from the Guardian. Now, you must think that a person who is a journalist must write some killer book. But I won't. Why? Because newspaper-writing and novel-writing are two very different things, such as Japanese and English, they are both languages yet they are like yin and yang. Nothing in common. So don't expect me to write a book that is perfect. I write the truth, no matter how ugly it is. For example: Death. In books you can make them heroic or gruesome or even the right thing to do. But the newspaper? It solely tells the truth. No exaggeration needed. That's why I work as a journalist, that's why newspaper is my life (another way to say that it is where income comes from), most importantly, that's why I only write the truth. We just tell how and where incident happened, and let the public decide how they feel about it. I know I just wasted a whole lot of my time on telling you the difference between newspaper-writing and novel-writing, do you know why? (I bet you don't) To let you know that I may not be writing the best book but I will tell you what happened aka the truth.

If you now decide not to read this book, I'm okay with that. My advice? Don't read it! It is a waste of your time and I am indeed wasting my own time writing it. So why am I still wasting my time writing this? Because there aren't many books about journalists and as one, I feel like I have the obligation to give the public insight on journalism. (Also, I'm bored. Don't judge.)

This is not some auto-biography or those I-was-poor-and-now-I'm-so-rich-and-successful-now-be-jealous-of-my-life books. This is just a book about one of my many stories. I am Nadine Waters and I only tell the truth. (Sounds good right? But trust me, don't read it! It's a disgrace to modern literature.")