Chapter 9

Well, it's quite boring to write all the things I did in my hotel room to wait for him. It was four days (I know, I sat in that hotel for four days without leaving). Until...

Emily was fell asleep on her bed when a black figure appeared in the camera. He knelt down to pick the lock. "Emily!" I jumped out of my bed.
She mumbled.
"Emily!" I hit her on the arm.
"I'm awake. I'm awake." She rubbed her eyes, when I'm already at the door.
"Let's go! Hurry up!" I opened the door and left without her.

There was no time for the lift, so the stairs it is. Besides, I was staying on the second floor. I ran down as quickly as I could. I wanted to drive but my car was in the parking lot, no time for that. So, I ran through the empty streets and found myself in front of the 53 Ansley Path. I hadn't thought of what I'd do when that happened.

Instantly, like a lightening bolt, a man out of the blue slipped out of the window. He got a nice look at me and tossed something at me. I immediately dived into the bushes. It was definitely something I wouldn't want to be thrown at. My instincts are always right. And it was. It was knockout gas. I heard his footsteps ran away. I quickly got to my feet and ran after him. He ran into side alleys. I took out my phone, unblocked Robin and called him. However, it flew into the voicemail.
"Ring Man. I've found him. Call me now!"

I was running out of time. I could never out run him. I had never been athletic person. That one of the many flaws I have since I was little. He turned into an alley where a car awaited for him. He hopped into it and drove away. There was only one car there next to it. A Ferrari. Emily caught up and stood next to me, catching her breath. "He got away?"
"Not yet, he didn't." Pointing at the car. I took a look at it and started hotwiring it (aka turning on a car without the keys).
"What are you doing?" Emily asked. For a second, I forgot she was there.
"Hotwiring it," busing myself.
"What's-"
"Don't ask." I grabbed my phone and stuffed it to her, "turn on the GPS, I planted a tracking device on the ring."

Within seconds, I was inside the car. "Done?" I called out.
"Yeah," she put the phone on the stand, "where'd you learn to do that?" She widened her eyes and stared at me.
"Online. Put on your seatbelt. It's gonna get bumpy."
"What kinda website teaches people that?" She gripped onto the seat as tight as possible.
"Illegals ones." I grinned, I had a couple of skills under my sleeve, including hotwiring cars, picking locks, hacking into computers... in other words, illegal ones. Another explanation why I never passed at school.

I rushed through all the red lights. It was 2 am. No one would be driving. The bomb slowed us down already, not to mention the hotwiring. I had to drive as fast as I could, there was no time to loose.

Just then, Robin called me. "Emily? Put him on speaker."
"Alright."
Robin asked, "you called?" He was clearly still sleeping.
"Yes, found the Ring Man. I'm actually in a car chase."
"You what? How many times did I tell-"
I interrupted him saying. "Get the cops, do not turn on the sirens and no lights. I'm on 12 Julia Avenue. Wait, 10. No, 7. Ugh. Just come."
"Copy that." He sighed and hung up right afterwards.

I took a short cut around Baslie Road which brought me on Calibri Street and finally caught up to him. I hit him on the side causing the car to screech. "Be careful!" Emily yelled.
"I am very!" I hit him again.
"They're here!" Emily looked in the rear mirror. I looked, I specifically said no sirens, no light. And there they were. Lights and sirens and everything.

I turned sharply on the steering wheel and hit the brakes. I had cornered him. I got out of the car, so did Robin with a gun in his hand. "Put your hands in the air and step out of the vehicle." The man inside stepped out. "Show your face mister." The man obeyed. He took out his mask and lifted his head toward the light.

I gasped. The man. I know him. "Hello Nadine. So nice to see you again." His voice so familiar. I fell on top of Robin. I heard people yelling, talking. Patting on me, I wanted to open my eyes but couldn't. He's back.