[6] Library Shelving Assistants

Chapter 6 - Library Shelving Assistants

"Hey (Y/N)! Have you ever thought about being a LSA?" Chloe asked you one Monday morning.

You never heard of that acronym before and gave her a confused look. "Um, I never heard of it."

"LSA stands for 'Library Shelving Assistants'. Nikki, Chloe and I are LSAs. We get to help the librarian every day during Study Hall." Zoey explained.

"It might sound boring...but it's pretty exciting actually! Especially with us around. You should sign up. Mrs. Peach could really use more helpers in the Library. Only a few students signed up so far."

You thought about it for a moment. "Alright. I'll join." You replied with a smile.

So during Study Hall, you followed your three friends to the school's library. A woman wearing a skirt and thick glasses greeted you.

"Good day, girls!" The woman, whom you assumed is Mrs. Peach, said with a sweet smile. "I see that we have a new volunteer."

"Um, hi." You said shyly. "And yeah, I am volunteering to become a Library Assistant."

Mrs. Peach gave you a sign up sheet and you immediately filled it up with information about yourself. Then she asked Nikki, Zoey, and Chloe to explain the rules and tour you around the Library.

After the tour, Mrs. Peach gave an announcement to everyone. She said that she will take six of her most hardworking and committed assistants on a five day educational trip to New York City Public Library to participate in the National Library Week. She explained to all of you that there will be a "Meet-n-Greet" with a lot of world famous writers.

Even though the whole trip will be held on April, which is still seven months away, you and the other LSAs can't help but feel excited about this trip (except for Nikki who would rather meet with her favorite boybands and male singers). You could tell that you will enjoy that week because you love reading books a lot. The thought of meeting your favorite authors made you feel even more elated.

"We need to do something that would show Mrs. Peach how dedicated and hardworking we are." I said to my friends.

"How about dusting the books?" Nikki asked the group. "It's easy and simple. We can start doing it right away."

"But that's so lame!" Zoey protested. "The others will probably do boring stuff like that too. We need to come up with something that would blow Mrs. Peach's mind!"

Suddenly Chloe exclaimed while holding a fashion magazine, "OMG! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE SHOULD DO!!!"

"What? Give Mrs. Peach a makeover and some free clothes?!" You said sarcastically.

"No!" Chloe replied, rolling her eyes. "Although, that's not such a bad idea. She really needs a new look."

"What is your plan then?" Zoey asked with curiosity.

"...THIS!" Chloe turned the magazine around and showed a page of a girl with tattoos on her arm.

"TATTOOS?!" Nikki exclaimed with disbelief. "CHLOE! ARE YOU NUTZ?!"

"C'mon! A tattoo promoting reading will be perfect! It will really show everyone how much we love reading." Chloe explained.

"That's a wicked idea Chloe!" Zoey said. "I can already picture what tattoo I would get in my mind..."

You and Nikki exchanged glances. Getting tattoos? This is RIDICULOUS!

"Are you sure about that?" You said slowly, not sure what to say next because you don't want to offend them. "I understand that you really want to go to the National Library Week thingy, but getting tattoos is..."

"...a little too much." Nikki continued. "Besides I'm pretty allergic to spray painted hearing aids. Since spray paint and tattoo ink are both, um... Colorful, I pretty sure I'll get an allergic reaction to it too."

Now this time it was you, Chloe and Zoey who exchange confused glances.

"Who would spray paint a hearing aid? That's just totally bizarre." Chloe shook her head.

Getting a tattoo for National Library Week is even more bizarre if you ask me, you thought to yourself.

"If both of you don't wanna do it, then it's ok. But me and Chloe are so gonna do it! I'll ask permission from my parents later. I can't wait to see the look on Mrs. Peach's face once she sees our new tattoos!"

As Chloe and Zoey talked nonstop about tattoos and National Library week, Nikki whispered to you, "I could already tell what Mrs. Peach is going to look like, and it's not gonna be good."

You sighed. "I could tell too..."

❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁

Hey tomatoes! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. School kept me busy this month. I barely have time for myself! 😵😢

I have good news though. I only have a few days left in school because it's almost our summer vacation. You know what that means? More freedom for me!!!  ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

And more freedom means more updates. OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
(^○^)オ(^▽^)ハ(^0^)ツ~

Type "Tomatoes are awesome!" if you read author notes. I want to know how much of my readers are actually reading my ending notes. 🍅🍅🍅

BAI!!! ~Sunshine (a.k.a The Awesome, Insane Tomato and Emoticon/Emoji addict!!! 😜🍅😜🍅) (ノ☆ヮ ☆)ノ

❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁。 ●。✿ ●。 ●❁