Chapter 22 - The Plan

"Who's in charge, really I'm not sure" said Redgena.

"How can you be not sure?" I asked getting annoyed.

I was actually scared at what I was going to find when I went to the surface. All the bodies of those innocent people. I didn't want to have to see that.

"I dont know everything girl" she snapped "why would I know who's in charge?"

I thought about it for a moment, and realized I was stupid to assume that if  came down here it would be any good. What was I thinking? I spent so long trying to get down here and it was probably going to end up being pointless. Redgena wasn't really helping and I was probably going to end up like Adrian. 

I heard the barricades open from the door and stood up ready to leave. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and that was get out of this city, even if it meant not saving everyone, why should I have to save everyone anyway.

"Oh, leaving already" asked Redgena.

"Yes, thanks for the..." I remembered she hadn't helped at all "...well, time I guess."

"No problem" she said beaming at me "Always happy to help."

I walked out the door and back into the room with the riddles, they let me walk straight past them this time. The walk back up to the surface (which wasn't really the surface considering I was in a cave) was easy and boring. When I walked back into the prison Lilly's prison door was open and she was gone. I climbed up the ladder and into the Jarl's palace. The whole room was okay, except for the dead body of Octavion on the floor in front of me. He had a huge cut going through the front of his body, and he was definitely dead. 

I stepped outside and found the city the same as it had been when I first arrived here, burnt bodies everywhere and the whole place was burnt. I walked through the burnt city and towards the bridge to the Jarl's lake house. When I walked in I saw the portal, but the Jarl wasn't there. I stepped into the portal and found myself in the lake house again.

I needed to speak to someone who knew something about time travel, and that could possibly get me back to my time zone. The first person to pop up in my mind was the wizard.

I went to his house, and made him think I was crazy, so that when I asked about time travel he wouldn't get suspicious.

                                                                                         *   *   *

"You absolutely crazy" he said while laughing at me. 

"Do you now anything about time travel" I asked randomly, which didn't seem weird seen as he thought I was crazy.

"Oh yes, I found some books on it in the dungeons down here" he said getting excited like he always does when I bring up a topic that he's interested in.   

"Lets say, I'm a time traveler and I've come here through a portal, how would I get back" I asked innocently. 

"Well you'd have to stop that portal from being created of course" he said getting louder in excitement "By maybe killing the person how made the portal, or stopping them from creating it."

That meant killing the Jarl, which I didn't want to do. I suddenly wished I had a friend who might be able to do it for me, then realized how stupid it was to think that, friends didn't kill people for each other. 

That's when I remembered Lilly. Lilly wanted to kill the Jarl, and I didn't know her. I wouldn't even have to ask her because she was already going to do it herself. All I had to do was stop that little girl from jumping in front of him when Lilly went to attack. 

I felt a pang of guilt. I had come here to save these people and now I was going to let them all die, but I couldn't save them, and I didn't want to end up like Adrian.

"Thanks" I said standing up and heading towards the door.

"Don't go killing anyone now, you crazy enough to do that, probably" he told me.

"I wont."