A Special Surprise

•Prince's POV•

Anxiety was sleeping so peacefully, I couldn't bring myself to wake him up. I tried to set his head down on the bed as gently as I could. He fell asleep on top of me; I smiled to myself.

As I left my room, I saw Morality in the hallway. I quickly shut the door behind me, "Good morning, Morality!"

"Well good morning Prince, you get a good eight hours of sleep?"

"Not exactly eight, but two and a half is close enough!"

"Oh, quite the contrary. You see, the growing body needs rest. Even though you are getting older, you still need to let your body-"

"Yeah, yeah, that's great Morality, but I gotta go. I have something... important to work on," I give a quick wave before running to the kitchen. I wasn't lying, I did have something important to work on. But first, breakfast!

"Morning, Prince. I assume you realize it's cleaning day?" Logic greets me as he enters the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah sure. Whatever."

"Good. I'll need your help cleaning all the rooms of the house, it's a lot of work to do."

"Sorry Logic, I'm going to be busy all day." I grab a granola bar and my notepad from off the counter. "See you later."

Before Logic could even reply, I was out the door and on my way to the park. I always got my best ideas at the park, and what I was working on needed my best ideas. There was a spot underneath a tree that would work perfectly!

Once I arrived at the park, I took a moment to stop and smell the roses... literally. They were very lovely roses. I should take some home for Anxiety! That would be a lovely present! A great idea already! Hopefully this isn't illegal though.

I pick a nice bouquet and bring it with me to my spot under the tree. It's time to start writing! I just have to channel all of my feelings and write the in the form of poetry. A simple, easy task that I can complete!

"Finished! And what a masterpiece it is!" I proclaim to myself. I take one last sniff of the roses before I take a stroll around the park. Now here came the hard part: finding the right melody. I had to listen to just about every 2000-2010 emo love ballad to get the right one. Finally, I decided on something that was a mix between Misery Business and Mr. Brightside. Now all I had to do was record it...

»§«

Whatever, Mr. Depression
You've left nothing but a bad impression.
You whine and complain that no one understands,
But the fact remains,
You've yet to explain!

So Mr. Depression,
How does it feel
To have Princey head over heels?
It's pretty surreal,
Yeah, it's for reals.

Mr. Depression wearing black liner,
Like we 're going to some diner!
Sorry, honey, but you're going to have to stay
at home, all alone.

Why? Cause you're Mr. Depression!
With no self expression!
You act like Mr. Edge Lord,
But you're nothing but a coward!

How did you do it?
How did you make a price fall in love
With the King of Gloom?
This love can only bring doom.
But somehow we'll get through.

It's perfect! The song is perfect! All recorded and ready for Anxiety. Once the song burned on the disc, I place the disc and bouquet in front of Anxiety's door and knock on it. I left before he had a chance to open it.

Now, we wait.

(A/N: this is a shorter chapter, I know. But, the song featured in this chapter was written by one of you guys!! So credit to Mint-Doughnut for most of it, I added a bit onto it.)