Ch 5

CHAPTER FIVE

~MANY MONTHS LATER ~

Jackson had left for London around the summertime and Lydia had missed him immensely. How could he just leave her? Why her? Her mind was going frantic so she decided to take her dog, Prada on a walk through the park. She walked, what seemed like hours when she bumped into someone, wearing the same cologne that Jackson wore. She slowly looked up and saw him. "Missed me?" It was Jackson. "I-I.. Oh my god. You're actually here." Lydia said quietly. "I've been trying to contact you.. Why didn't you ever write me back?"

Jackson swallowed. He missed her so much and he didn't think she would even understand why he had left in the first place. "I.. I didn't want to put you in anymore danger than you were already in. But then I heard it still wasn't safe here, so I came back... for you."

Lydia nervously played with the strap of the leash that she was holding firmly in her hand. "For me?" She paused, taking in a deep breath. "C'mon. I'll let you explain it to me in the car, on the way to my house." "Lydia I-" Jackson said, being cut off my Lydia. "C'mon." She said a bit more firmly, not taking no for an answer.

He got in the passenger seat, glancing over at her every so often as she started the car and began to drive. "Soo..." Jackson said awkwardly. "So many things have went on, things that I've been scared off and I've missed you like crazy through it all." Lydia said quietly. "I don't expect you to have missed me, but I was waiting for you to come back. Praying for you to come back. I just hope that means something to you." Jackson pressed his lips together and nodded, his voice cracking as he spoke. "It does."

She pulled up into the driveway of her house and she got out, holding onto her small dog. Jackson then got out and started to walk off. "Wait..." Lydia said, calling out to him. "Do you have to.." Jackson shook his head. "I'm not gonna leave you alone again." He walked into her house with her and sat down on the couch, trying to ignore the remark her mom had said; asking whether or not he was staying or leaving.

"He's staying." Lydia replied and showed him up to the guest bedroom. "There's extra clothes in the closet if you need some." She laughed quietly while looking around the room curiously, waiting for him to say something.

He just nodded. "Okay, thank you." Jackson said with a small smile. "Well, if there is anything you need I'll be across the hallway in my room alright?" Lydia said leaning against the door. "Goodnight." She walked out of his room and into hers and left Jackson alone with his thoughts.