Ch 10

CHAPTER TEN

It was cold. So cold. Jackson thought to himself and noticed that Lydia was hogging all the blankets. She usually did that, especially if his arms somehow found a way to move off of her body. Which they did. He tried grabbing the blankets off of her, which failed miserably. She let out a small groan and pulled the blankets back on her, even more than before. But he didn't mind that much. She was going to be his wife. Not soon, but eventually. And if giving up the blankets every few nights meant that he gets to sleep next to her the rest of his life...

then it was worth it.

Jackson saw Lydia tossing in her sleep so he did was he always did. He wrapped his arms around her body and pulled her into his muscular chest. That was way better. Lydia finally gave up the blankets and nuzzled her head into his chest. He could feel her lips start to curve into a smile against his skin, causing him to smile as well.

"Babyyy.." Jackson whispered, trying to wake her up.

She stayed asleep as he listened to the steady beat of her heart. Her breaths moving in perfect sync. Jackson loved listening to her sleep... in a non creepy sort of way. It comforted him. He knew everything about her, and she did him. That's why this was perfect. They were perfect for each other. They ARE perfect for each other.

Jackson's thoughts were interrupted by Lydia kissing his chest. "Morning." She said in a raspy voice that he was used to.

"Morning babe." He said, kissing the top of her head.

She smiled as he did it then looked at her hand, actually more the ring. There was a big shiny rock on her finger and she was staring at it in awe.

"Did I do a good job?" Jackson chucked, reaching for her hand and holding it.

"Great." Lydia laughed quietly and brought his hand up to her lips, then smiled against it. "You know me too well. It's beautiful."

"You're beautiful." He looked at her, smiling shyly.

She giggled and looked up at him, kissing him softly.

Their lips moved in sync, with Jackson deepening the kiss and biting her lip. It only took a minute before Lydia was on top of him.

"You're mine." She whispered against his lips while her hands trailed down his abs. "Every single inch of you... mine."

Jackson swallowed, his lips continuing to move with hers. "All yours."

She smirked against his lips, before rolling off of him. "Good."

He groaned, letting out a breathless laugh. "You kill me, you know that?"

"I do not. I simply just wanted to make out with my boyfriend..." She laughed, then paused for a moment. "Fiancé."

"Fiancé..." Jackson said quietly, smiling lightly. "It sounds good hearing you say it."

"It sounded good hearing you ask me to marry you. Actually it sounded great. Definitely one of the best moments of my life." Lydia smiled wide.

"What were some of your other best moments?"

"Well..." She paused, huffing out a breath. "When I first met you in art class, when you first asked me to be your girlfriend, when we made love for the first time, when you came back and we got together... you know, those things." She said quietly, before looking back at her ring.

Jackson smiled. "All of your best moments are of me? Us?"

Lydia nodded, smiling softly and looking up at him. "Yes."

"I love you so much." He kissed her forehead softly, leaving his lips on it longer than he intended.

"I love you so much more." She let her eyes fall closed, enjoying his warm lips against her skin.

These were the moments they enjoyed most. Just laying in bed together, completely oblivious to the world and what was happening it in. He had her, and she had him. And there was nothing they enjoyed more.