Chapter 20

Kireina's P.O.V. 

I need to find Hiromi, I think to myself later that morning. I need to fix things with him. Now that I have my memories back, I know everything. How close we all used to be, how much we used to love being around each other, and how much he must've suffered these few years. The empty space in my mind is now full, and for that, I am grateful. I can finally think properly again. I'm so busy thinking to myself, I don't notice Yoru standing a few meters away and run straight into him.

 "Where are you going?" Yoru asks, with concern showing in his eyes. 

"I'm going to find Hiromi," I say, pushing as much control into my voice as possible.  

He shifts so his whole body is blocking my path. 

"You can't stop me. I need to fix things with him. Do you have any idea how much he's suffered these past few years? We left him, Yoru. He must've been so lonely," I say, my eyes moistening. 

"I wasn't going to stop you. I know full well there's no stopping you when you set your mind to something," he says. 

"Then why are you blocking my path?" I question, confused.

A sly smile creeps its way onto his lips. "I'm coming with you." 

My eyes widen. "You are?" 

He pivots on his heel and begins sauntering off into the other direction, leaving my question hanging in the air. Once he's a few steps away, he shouts over his shoulder. "Well, are you coming or what?" 

I rush to catch up with him and we both step out into the frigid air. 

.....................................

I realize once we're a few meters away from the house that I have no idea where Hiromi is. 

"Uh Yoru?" I say. 

"Hmmm?" He replies. 

"Do you even know where  we're we going?" I ask. 

"Looks like all of your memories haven't returned yet," Yoru mumbles under his breath. 

"What was that?" I ask, stopping in my tracks. 

He looks up, stopping too. "Nothing. Anyways, you may not remember, but I can sense where Hiromi is at all times. So, yes, I do know where we're going." 

My eyes widen. "Really?" 

He nods as if this was the most normal thing in the world.