Chapter 18

Kireina's P.O.V. 

I close my eyes and feel Yoru's warm fingers on my temples. Swirls of blue and black flash behind my eyes. Memories of my childhood come in fragments. They are of me and Yoru playing in the woods, sipping lemonade at a beach house, me falling down and Yoru kneeling down to make sure I'm okay. The memories replay, but this time there is something different in them. The sudden realization grows on me, there is someone else in the pictures. And that person is Hiromi.

 I stifle a gasp as my eyelids fly open. Yoru wraps his arms around me before I fall. "You okay?" He asks. I nod and straighten myself up. 

"I just need a minute," I say, my voice wavering. I take a step but almost immediately reach my hand out to steady myself on Yoru's arm. "I'm fine," I say before he asks again. 

Yoru's P.O.V. 

     I watch her hand leave my arm and she begins using the wall to steady herself as she walks herself back to her room. I resist the urge to follow her, knowing she needs to be alone. I stand, leaning on the wooden counter in the kitchen contemplating whether or not I did the right thing. The rest of her memories will come back to her in her sleep, happy ones with Hiromi, but the sad ones too. Not just the sad ones, but the horrifying ones. 

     I put my head in my hands, should I have done this too her? She wanted this, but maybe she didn't know what she was getting herself into. Maybe I should've never brought her back here in the first place, maybe I should've found another way to find out who's behind these murders. I sigh, and move to stand by Kireina's door , just in case.