Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Liz's P.O.V

I felt something run into my side, causing me to fall off the comfortable surface I was laying on. My sore muscles hit the floor, my body making a thump echo into the room.

"Ouch." I muttered to myself and slowly opened my eyes, blinking repeatedly. I saw I was laying on the floor, right beside a bed. Soft breathing came from above me and I got off the floor and saw Megan sleeping. She was laying on the side closest to me, looking so warm and cozy. Well, that was about to end.

I moved to the opposite side of the bed, getting on and pushing Megan off the other side. She tumbled to the floor, waking up immediately.

Her eyes shot open and she looked up, meeting my gaze.

"Did you just push me off the bed?" She asked while getting off the ground and rubbing her head.

"You pushed me first." I told her, crossing my arms.

"Well I didn't do it intentionally. I was sleeping, you know I'm a crazy sleeper."

"Well I only thought it would make us eve-" I started, but she butted in.

"Lizzie... Where are we?" She said looking around the room. My eyes found their way around the unfamiliar space, taking in my surroundings. We were in a small room with a bed, two doors, and a window. All the furniture looked old, but it was a nice kind of old. The room had a nice woodsy smell, making me take in an extra breath. The curtains were closed on the window, making it dark inside the small space.

I looked down and saw my bare feet standing on plush carpet. I wiggled my dirty toes, enjoying the feel of how soft it was. I wanted to run my hands along the carpet, wanting to save its soft feeling, but my thoughts died down as I realized how dirty my toes actually were. They had smudges of dirt and dry mud. I looked up from my feet and saw my legs lined with brown mud and continued my gaze up my entire body, seeing mud everywhere.

Like a light, everything flashed into my mind. Being chased, going to Jake's, being tackled to the wet floor causing mud to get all over me.

I shot my head up and saw Megan's eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my god. Lizzie, we were kidnapped!" She screeched, while mumbling words to herself and pacing around the room. "What are we gonna do... Are they going to kill us... Why are we here..."

"Megan."

"What if I never get to see the outside world again..."

"Megan."

"I'm to young to die, I still have a life to live... I wonder if someone knows we're gone! Jake will know, he will come get me..."

"Megan."

"What if people walk in our house and steal our stuff! Why did they have to knock the doors down..."

Rolling my eyes, I quickly walked to her side and put my hands on her shoulders. "Megan! Get a hold of yourself! We are going to be okay, all we have to do is escape. So just start thinking of a way to get out of here and stop worrying about random nonsense!"

She slowly bobbed her head up and down, looking around the room. "Right, escape." She huffed out a breath and walked to the door closest to her.

It was just a small bathroom, with no window and white tiled flooring. It had a small shower and a sink. She gently shut the door and walked to the next one. Putting her hand on the knob, she turned it. It didn't move, causing Megan to look over at me. "It's locked."