Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Megan's P.O.V

We were currently at the part in the movie where the dad was searching for his son in hell.

I didn't mind watching scary movies, I actually thought they were more funny than scary. But I did prefer romance films. I was a sucker for them and when it was my night to pick the movie, Lizzie would gag.

She wasn't a big fan of them, or romance novels.

I reached my hand into my bowl of popcorn and managed to grab air. Looking down, I saw it was empty. Pulling my eyes away from the screen, I glanced over at Liz. She was sitting on the edge of her seat, waiting to see what would happen next.

Playfully rolling my eyes at her silly behavior, my eyes scanned over to her half way filled popcorn bowl. A mischievous smile danced across my face, as an idea popped into my head. I slowly moved my hand and reached for her bowl. I slid it closer and closer to my side of the couch, until it was right next to me. Picking it up, I began to eat her popcorn.

She was so clueless.

"Hurry, get him before it's too late!" Lizzie yelled next to me. "Don't be stupid, just cause it's dark doesn't mean you should stop moving, Idiots."

I laughed and shook my head. Every time we picked a scary movie, it seemed like we were watching football. She always liked to criticize the way things happened in them, and if she had something to say, she would yell at the screen.

I saw her hand move down to her side, acting like it was supposed to grab something. When all she grabbed was the couch cushion, her head turned in confusion, much like a confused dog that didn't understand what you were saying.

Trying to not be noticed because I was holding her popcorn bowl in my hands, I stopped all my movements. I looked like a kid that wasn't supposed to be in the cookie jar. My arm was halfway to my mouth with popcorn stranded in my hand, while my mouth was wide open.

Slowly, Lizzie's head began turning my way. When she was fully looking at me, she gave me a glare. An innocent smile started to play on my lips, as I slowly moved my hand to my mouth. I plopped the buttery goodness inside and slowly chewed.

"Want some?" I asked, with an innocent facial expression and a raised eyebrow, while I held the bowl closer to her.  She gave me a blank facial expression, before slowly rising up from her seat on the soft, comfy couch.

I watched her get up and before I could run, I was whacked with a pillow. The popcorn went flying across the room and tumbled to the floor.

I ran over to it and looked at the pieces. "You monster! You just wasted a perfectly good bowl of popcorn. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Don't steal my popcorn." She fired back.

"Oh, it's on." I said, while getting up and grabbing a pillow. Her eyes went wide, as she saw my form coming at her. She squealed and ran around the coffee table, in an attempt to get away. When she ran by, I put my leg out and watched her trip, her body hitting the floor. Laughing, I started to repeatedly hit her in the face with the pillow.

"You." Whack!

"Are." Whack!

"A." Whack!

"Food." Whack!

"Killer!" Whack, whack, whack!

After a bit she eventually stopped defending her face and she wasn't putting up much of a fight, so I figured she had surrendered. I stopped repeatedly whacking her and walked away, smiling in victory. When I didn't expect it, I felt a hand wrap around my ankle and saw myself tumbling to the carpet beneath me. My body hit the floor and I groaned in pain, as she sat and died laughing on the floor.