Part 3

Smith was sitting at his desk calmly as Zane walked in "Hello Sergeant, my congratulations on another successful mission." He said cheerfully as Zane saluted "Thank you sir, I will inform my squad of your congratulations." Smith nodded slightly as he stood, walking over to Arnatho who had been sitting in a chair near the door "All that remains is deciding Mr. Arnatho"s fate."Zane looked at Mr. Smith and then to Arnatho; "Sir, my squad would like to take a few days leave so that we may spend some time with our families."Mister Smith turned to him, "Of course, but first we need to decide on our dear friend's fate." Smith said with a sick, twisted smile.

    The bodyguards watched the three men, intently interested in the intense situation. Zane had opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted as Mr. Smith handed him a Colt M1911. "I believe he has given us all the information we need." Zane looked at the Colt, then to Arnatho, and then to Mr. Smith "you want me to execute this man?"He asked incredulously. Mr. Smith looked at him and nodded "Yes that"s why I hired you and your squad, to protect this building and to follow my orders."Zane looked at him, and turned to Arnatho. "May The gods forgive me for what I"m about to do" he whispered under his breath as he put the pistol to the man"s forehead. He didn't hear anything that was being said in that moment, even though it was just Arnatho"s screams for mercy.

    Mr. Smith lit a cigarette as Zane pulled the trigger, splattering bits of Arnatho"s brain and skull against the leather chair. Zane ejected the magazine and set it on the desk as  he turned towards Mr. Smith "Sir am I needed any further?"Mr. Smith shook his head, inhaling the smoke. "No, you may leave. Also inform your squad that their requests are granted." Zane nodded once and walked into the elevator, heading back to the locker room. On the ride down, he wondered how much more of this he could take.

    Nikolai turned to the locker room door as it swung open and was stunned at what he saw. "Zane what happened?"He asked staring at the blood splatter on Zane's fatigues. Zane shook his head slightly with a depressed look as he began to undress. Nikolai walked over to him, setting his hand on Zane's shoulder. Zane simply shrugged Nikolai's hand off and said "Mr. Smith granted our request for a few days of leave."He then turned and walked into the showers. Nikolai looked down at Zane/s fatigues and shook his head; he walked out of the locker room, heading towards the parking garage.