5 Breaking

WES

I sat at the desk in my bedroom streaming League of Legends live. As I hovered in front of my computer screen, thunder roared through the sky, rain crashing against my bedroom window. There was a loud noise outside, as if something had fallen against my apartment. Recalling my character back to the starting platform, I walked out of the room and rushed down the stairs.

Leaving my camera recording at my desk, I walked downstairs to hear a quiet knock on the front door.  It was passed midnight, and all sources of light were shielded by the thick sheet of dark clouds in the sky.

Glancing out of the peep hole, I recognized her perfect figure as she began to turn away. I quickly opened the door, nervously calling, "Eden, hey," She turned around slowly, the rain rolling down her skin as she hesitantly moved toward me, stepping inside and shutting the door nervously, "Let me get you a towel," I called to her quickly, trying to suppress my worried tone as I moved to the downstairs bathroom and grabbed a guest towel.

She stood in the doorway with her arms tense at her sides as I moved around her, placing the towel over her shoulders. I glanced quickly over her features as I moved around her and noticed that her face was flushed pink, her eyes swollen. Her black dress was drenched from the rain and her dripping hair fell onto her shoulders. She began to reach into her purse without saying a word, and pulled out her key to my apartment, saying quietly, "I never had the chance to give it back." She reached her arm out toward me, but I gently refused.

"And you thought that it was best to return it at two o'clock in the morning during a thunderstorm? Eden, did you drive here alone?" I could hear my voice taking a worried tone and took the key from her hand, sliding it quickly back into her purse, "You shouldn't be out in this weather," I watched as her eyes fell for a moment. She hugged the towel into her, "I don't want you catching a cold. You just started feeling better."

"I'll be fine," She told me defensively as she hid her shivering and cuddled her body into the towel.

"You always say that," I smirked at her shyly, placing my hand on her arm, "Look, I still have some of your clothes upstairs in the second drawer, you should dry off and change."

"We need to talk," She said quickly, planting her feet on the floor as I attempted to guide her towards the stairs.

"I know," I called hesitantly, feeling my heart drop in my chest as I met her tired eyes, "and we will, but you need to change."

She walked up the stairs and I let out a huff, leaning against the wall without a logical thought in my mind. A few minutes later, I realized that my camera was live streaming. I darted up the stairs and barged into the room to see her bra hit the floor, her back turned to my desk, "What the hell, Wes?" She exclaimed angrily as she turned to look at me. Her hands quickly moved to hold my Legend of Zelda shirt against her bare chest. I climbed over my bed and placed my hand over the web cam, clicking buttons on the screen until it was turned off, "Your camera was on!" Her voice cracked, and I quickly checked the chat.

"Who is that?" "That looks like Ian's sister?" "Is that Ian's sister?"  "Well, this is a new way to gain followers." "That IS Ian's sister!" "Why is Eden in your room?"

I read the comments of people who were waiting for her to face the camera, "They didn't see anything!" I exclaimed to her quickly, ending the stream immediately and turning off my computer as quickly as I could.

"They!" She yelled, hugging my Legend of Zelda shirt against her bare chest.

"I'm sorry," I called to her quickly. I didn't move towards her, turning away and covering my eyes as she continued to change, "I'm so sorry. I forgot that I was live streaming. It was an accident." I turned to see her wearing my shirt with a pair of loose pajama shorts. My eyes drifted over her and I felt a nervous smile pulling at my lips as she roughly dried her hair on the towel, "You look great in my shirts." I said to her nervously, afraid of what her response would be. When I received no response, I apologized again.