III

--------------//--------------//--------------//-------------

Cassidy had awoken earlier than she expected to. It was 7:43 when she had heard Klaus yelling at Elijah about some other wolf named Hayley. She was glad they weren't yelling about her, she hadn't done anything...not yet.

After about thirty minutes of yelling, there was a slam and silence. Cassidy took the opportunity to creep down the stairs and check if the coast was clear. Klaus was sitting on one of the couches, reading.

"You know," he spoke, causing Cassidy to jump slightly. He looked up and smirked, "Elijah is gone, you don't have to worry that I'm going to yell at you." She scoffed and went in the direction of the kitchen, Klaus trailing behind. She looked through the pantry, pulling out pancake mix.

"I don't understand why you need so much normal food when all you drink is blood," Cassidy said, pulling out the eggs and milk from the fridge.

"Well, it's for the witches that occasionally stop by. Oh, and for the uninvited guests that decide to take up residence," he cockily replied, watching as she prepared the pancake mix.

"Actually," she begun to correct him, "Elijah asked me to stay, nay, he insisted." Cassidy pointed the box a Klaus as she said this.

"I'm very old and yet, I've never used the word 'nay,'" Klaus teased, watching as she looked offended and turned back to making pancakes.

"If I made you a pancake, would you eat it and shut up?" she asked, looking up from the pancake she just flipped and to Klaus. He smiled small and almost teasingly, watching as she waiting for an answer. He saw no motive in her dark brown eyes and decided to make a joke out of it all.

"Hybrids don't die of poison," he smirked as she rolled her eyes and put pancake batter onto the pan, shaping it like Mickey Mouse.

"I wasn't planning on poisoning you," she sighed flipping the pancake. Her father used to make Mickey-Mouse-shaped pancakes for her. Even thought they were burnt, she still ate them because her father had made them and she wanted to keep him happy, seeing as she was the reason the woman he loved was dead.

"Why Mickey Mouse?" Klaus asked as she placed it on a plate. He was eyeing it strangely, almost thinking that it was too perfect to not have it made by Walt Disney himself.

"What's wrong with Mickey?" she mumbled, putting another pancake on the plate.

"Nothing," Klaus dismissed, seeing as a Mickey Mouse pancake could somehow fall into the 'touchy' subjects pile.

"Good," she faked a smile, flipping another Mickey Mouse pancake.

"Can you make wolves, too?" Klaus asked, watching as she turned to him with an amused smile.

"No," she told him, "just Mickey and the average circle."

"So," he put out his hands, "why Mickey?"

"Are you trying to make me mad?" she questioned, watching as he smiled and shook his head. His blue eyes lit up at her smile, but it was quickly replaced by his normal expression.

"It was a genuine question," he shrugged. She turned back to making pancakes, starting another one.

"You seem too cuddly to be some murderous and almighty hybrid king," Cassidy told him, keeping her eyes on the pancake.

After a while of making pancakes, Cassidy had finally finished and turned to Klaus, a full plate of them in hand. She smiled small at him and placed them on the island, pulling out two other plates so they could both have their share. The kitchen smelled wonderful like a perfect morning in the perfect house with a family. Yet, this was no perfect breakfast other than the actual food; the two eating were supposed to be enemies. Cassidy wondered to herself why she even made Klaus pancakes when he's the reason her last blood family member was dead. He was the reason for her to cry out in despair, on the ground in the woods as dead, unsuccessful hybrid bodies lay around her.

"Oh," Cassidy went to the fridge and took out the maple syrup, "I'd almost forgotten." Klaus chuckled, watching as she poured the syrup over her pancakes. She looked up and handed him the syrup as Elijah walked into the kitchen with a blonde girl. Cassidy was afraid that if she had poured the syrup for Klaus, there was a chance the bottle would break in her hand from the angry squeeze she had on it.

"What are you doing, Nik?" the blonde questioned, looking at her brother and then Cassidy, "and who are you?"

"Who wants to know?" Cassidy asked, looking at the rude blonde.

"Rebekah Mikealson," she shrugged, "you should know this."

"Oh, right," Cassidy smirked, "sorry, Robbin."

"That's not-"

"That's enough, you two," Elijah interrupted. Cassidy smiled at Elijah before looking back at Klaus, seeing his amused expression. "Listen, Klaus, we need Hayley here since she's carrying your baby." Cassidy choked on her pancake and started to cough as the conversation went on.

"She's lying!" Klaus defended, looking at Cassidy from the corner of his eye as she stopped coughing and looked at Elijah in confusion. Cassidy now understood why the two fought about the wolf, Hayley.

"Good, choke to death, see if I care. Maybe you should've gotten my name right," Rebekah joked to Cassidy as she took a big gulp of water.

"She's not, Niklaus, you heard her," Elijah replied, trying to convince his brother that not all people are bad people.

"Maybe it's a trap!" Klaus accused.

"You're such a child," Elijah replied in a calm, yet annoyed tone.

"Robbin, I swear, if you talk to me I'll rip that pretty blonde hair out," Cassidy growled.

"That's not my name!"

And the bickering and arguments went on forever.

--------------//--------------//--------------//-------------

A/n
This book is going to be so fun.

Fav part?

Least fav part?