VII

--------------//--------------//--------------//-------------

It was another morning of another long day. Cassidy was reading a true story about a woman who people thought was a white witch, it was quite interesting. Klaus, gladly, hadn't bothered her all day, but she didn't have as much luck with Rebekah.

The blonde original plopped onto the armchair close by, picking up Cassidy's phone and examining it. There was a text message from someone named "BFF Keith" with a heart emoji. The text said a simple, "Happy Birthday!"

Rebekah looked up from the phone with furrowed eyebrows and questioned, "So, you were planning on telling me it's your birthday, right?"

Cassidy looked up from the book surprised, she didn't think Rebekah would find out, but there was her phone. She shrugged, pushing it off as if it were nothing of importance.

"No," Rebekah negatively said, "you can't do that."

"Do what?" Klaus asked, walking into the room and looking between the two girls.

"It's-"

"No, Rebekah please-"

"Shut up! It's her birthday!" she admitted, throwing her hands out for emphasis.

"Oh?" Klaus said, looking over at Cassidy. "Why wasn't I informed first?" He felt slightly betrayed that she wouldn't tell him immediately.

"She wasn't even going to tell me, Nik," Rebekah explained as Cassidy, who stood now, had a guilty look on her face.

"Listen," Cassidy began, "a few friends of mine are coming to New Orleans and I'm spending the day with them."

"Is one of them Keith?" Rebekah asked with a snarky tone, turning to face the girl.

"Yes," the wolf nodded.

"Keith?" Klaus was jealous, "who's Keith?"

Cassidy rolled her eyes at him, "Who are you, my dad?"

"No," Klaus replied, "but I'd like to know people that could possibly be in my house."

"I'll introduce you when they get here, which will be any time soon," she told him and then left the room, going to her own.

--------------//--------------//--------------//-------------

An hour later, the doorbell of the mansion rang and, although Cassidy ran to get it, Klaus was the one to open the door. He was inviting them in as she ran down the stairs, slipping on the last few and fumbling down.