IX

//--------------//--------------//--------------//-------------

The next morning was quite hectic. Of course, as vampires, the Mikaelsons (& Marcel) weren't drunk by the end of the night and neither was the pregnant wolf. Cassidy and her friends on the other hand, were. Even if they said last night that they wouldn't be.

Cassidy woke up on the floor, a blanket loosely draped over her. She held her aching head and looked over at the Roman numeral clock. It was 12:40 pm already. She looked around the room, no one in sight. Standing up slowly, she made her way into the kitchen, where she found Keith asleep in a chair with  his head on the table.

"Keith," she said, hitting his head so he'd wake up.

"Ugh," he groaned with one eye peaking at her as he shyed away from the sunlight falling through the open widow near him, "what time is it?" Keith's hair stuck to his face at odd angles and he desperately tries to push them back with one hand while his other stayed on the side of his face to prop up his head.

"Just get up." Then, she walked into another room, finding Aaron and Macy asleep on the window seat, Macy's arm wrapped around Aaron's shoulder in some friendly gesture no one would remember. She pushed them both off, waking them up immediately, the pair groaning as they hit the hard flooring which  made their headaches ten times worse.

"Help me clean," Cassidy prompted making her way back into the kitchen and stopping for a moment to hold her dizzy head, realizing how much turning and walking she just did and just how much it hurt.

"Need aspirin?" There was Klaus, standing with Keith as he handed the shaggy haired boy the said medicine.

"You'll poison me, I'm sure of it."

"I wouldn't let him," Rebekah smiled, winking at her as she walked into the room to see all the hungover faces. This had reminded Cassidy of a conversation she had that night.

- Flashback -

"And Elijah... Why do you keep him in a box if you know that's not what he would've wanted?" Curiosity was written all over Cassidy's face as she turned to Marcel, her brows furrowed as he hesitated to tell the girl anything since she lived in the Mikaelson house. "I won't tell him... or any of them for that matter."

Content with the unlying eyes that stared back at him, Marcel complied, "Klaus only has so many weaknesses and I seem to be just a dull memory to him when I once was family and I once was a weakness. He'll screw me over, I have a feeling. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll never know until we find out." His bright smile had contrasted with the sad eyes that went accompanied it. Cassidy nodded, looking out on the property around her and the people conversing around the yard. The mixture of booze and fresh-cut grass wafted around them and she thought about why Klaus would give over someone as precious as his brother. His  family. All she knew was that he needed Marcel's trust, but it's not like Marvel knew she knew that.