Chapter 6: You Could've Just Told Me

I know. Not a fast update. In my defense, I had writers block. But that’s over so here’s chapter 6.

Dedicated to Richard cause he’s the best guy friend I could ask for. Love you Richard.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 6: You Could’ve Just Told Me

*Kayla’s POV*

I saw Lexi tense up when I asked her. She was silent for a minute before asking, “What do you mean? What guy? I don’t know anything about flowers.”

“Lex. I know that you do know what I’m talking about. The nurse told me that he talked to you before leaving the flowers for me. Who was it?”, I ask, getting a bit annoyed.

I heard her mutter something under her breathe before she finally tells me.

*Lexi’s POV*

“Damn nurses.”, I mutter to myself.

Realizing that I couldn’t hide it anymore, I told her.

*Zach’s POV*

I get out of my car and head into my house. Letting my mom know I’m home, I head to my room and grab my laptop sitting on my bed.

I log on to Facebook and send a message to Brendon. We talk for a while until my mom calls me down for dinner. I sit at the table and start eating.

“Where’d you go today Zach? You were gone for a while.”, my mom asks me.

I freeze, not knowing what to say. I couldn’t tell her.

“I went to go see Lexi. She was in an accident.”, I tell her.

“Oh dear! Is she okay? Was there anyone with her?”, she asks.

“Yeah she’s fine now and no, there wasn’t anyone with her. She was alone.”, I lie.

“That’s good. I didn’t know you were friends with Lexi.”, she tells me.

“Yeah. We became friends this week actually.”, I explain.

“Oh. Okay , I see.”, she says then goes back to eating.

It’s quiet for the rest of dinner. When we finish, I help clear the table and go back upstairs. Laying in bed, I stare up at the ceiling and think about what happened this week. I really hope that this plan works. Lexi said that we should start it when they get out of the hospital. We were going to start on Monday but then this happened.

I can’t believe that it’s only Saturday. It doesn’t feel like it. Feels like its been a couple of days instead of one.

Looking at the clock, I realize that it’s 11 already. Sighing, I get under the covers and drift off into a dream filled sleep.

*Kayla’s POV*

“You really had me scared! Why couldn’t you just tell me it was him.”, I tell Lexi.

“I wasn’t supposed to tell you.”, she says.

“Okay, but you should know for a fact that I don’t mind Richard dropping by. He is my older brother after all.”, I say.

“Yeah. I know.”, she says.

“Anyway, forget about that. What did he tell you? Is he just here for a bit? How did he get here? Why aren’t you telling me anything?”, I ramble.