Chapter One

The rain poured down from the heavens above, lashing down so heavily that it banged on the windows of The Queen Vic, as if demanding attention. The harsh droplets of nature's distressed skies landed and pooled on the streets of Albert Square, forming puddles on the side of the curbs.

The Albert Square residents strolled through the area, continuing to do their day to day errands as normal. Pedestrians scrambled through the market, heading for Walford Station, to catch the next tube to the destination they were aiming to get to.

Kat Slater was unloading brand new packaged clothing from a large cardboard box. She unwrapped the plastic covering from the clothes and hung them on the racks of her market stall, for consumers to browse and buy. Her twin sons, Bert and Ernie, laid in a double pushchair beside her and were wrapped in warm baby clothing, cooing and rocking away as they gaze innocently up at their helpless mother.

If only they could see how stressed their mother was, doing the very best she can to keep her twin boys and eldest son, Tommy alive from the peanuts she is profiting from the stall.

Alfie Moon sighed, whilst gawking at Kat, his beautiful ex-wife and was initiating for other ways to help her earn some money. But no matter how much effort he puts into his schemes, they all tend to backfire, causing Kat to loathe him even more.

Alfie was seated at a shabby and rusted steel table and chair outside Kathy's Café, perceiving the sound from the clickety clacking of steel wheels from the trains, hitting the polished rails whilst sipping at a hot cup of tea from a cylinder polystyrene container. The rain droplets slipped from the café gutters, landing on his black leather jacket.

He let out another long sigh, desiring for Kat to accept him back into her life, including his twin sons and stepson. And regrets that he set his home up in flames, giving himself and his family no home because obtaining insurance money was far more important. He now realises how idiotic his stunt was and is now lodging with a good a mate of his. Ian Beale. Plus he is forbidden to see the three boys.

Opposite Kat Slater's market stall was Donna Yates', the most arrogant human being in Albert Square and is disliked by many residents, especially Kat. She always interferes with everyone's business acting like she is the problem solver for everything. When in reality she just makes the problems much worse.

Donna was occupied at her market stall, yelling at the top of her lungs, encouraging the public flowing through the market to purchase the items she was demanding to sell.

In Kathy's Café, the smell of fried food drifted through the culinary district with Carol Jackson unavailable to chat to anyone, apart from the consumers entering the premises to order a Full English Breakfast or a hot beverage to take out.

Carol wore a head wrap to cover up her thinning hair that she lost from chemotherapy. She is currently battling through breast cancer but is still continuously working as a waitress, in the café, to bring money into the Jackson/Butcher household. To support them with shelter, food and warmth.

It was mainly the regular customers that came into Kathy's Café. To get a Full English Breakfast down their throats before their day begins. Latest music currently in the charts blared in the background, giving the diners something to listen to whilst feasting.

Head inspector of Spring Lane market, Aleks Shirvos roamed through the market stalls with his assistant, Tamwar Masood. They observed the marketeers, making sure they were doing their occupation correctly. That's a lie! Aleks was more engaged in chattering to an individual in his native language, Latvian.

The local Minute Mart was booming with consumers. Shabnam Masood stacked new fresh food and cleansing products, displaying them on shelves and appealed them in an attractive way. On top of that she was taking payment from the consumers purchasing the fresh new products. Ever since Denise Fox got fired from her position in the Minute Mart, Shabnam has been struggling to work in the convenience shop solo.