Chapter Two

Landlord owner of The Queen Vic, Mick Carter strides into the living-room, tapping his shiny black Italian loafers on the wooden floor and caught a glimpse of Kitty. She laid in a slumped position on the charcoal armchair, facing the sky blue wall. Mick was slightly concerned about how quiet his daughter was and she hadn't even noticed him entering the room. "Hello Kitty", he greeted, in his distinctive Cockney accent.

Kitty chose to avoid her father's presence. Typical of her father to only acknowledge her existence when she's dismal. She continued to stare at the sky blue wall, hoping her father would just vanish from the room and began pertaining thoughts about how brilliant life would be if she was no longer a Carter.

Mick got a hint that something was bothering his little poppet and was curious, "Is everything alright"?

Kitty still never responded, as anger fired up inside of her, like a wild animal hunting for its prey! Didn't it occur to her father that she wanted to be left lonesome?

Kitty rotated her head and glared at her father. Mick stood in her vision, alongside the three seated charcoal sofa, with his legs widened out. Creases were on show in his navy and orange polka dot collar button shirt from folding his arms out. He unleashed a grin at Kitty and hoped she would finally speak to him.

Kitty scowled at her father's cocky face and stuck out her tongue to him, squinting her entire face as if she had sucked a sour lemon. She revolved her head back swiftly, slotting her tongue back into her mouth and stared back at the wall.

Mick was appalled at Kitty's outburst but at the same time, he had to stop himself from having the urge to laugh, "Oh dear, what did I do to deserve that"?

"Go away", ordered Kitty, in a sharp tone.

Mick reflected on notions to make Kitty cheerful again. He sneakily approached Kitty, soon becoming adjacent to her and looked briefly into her somber face

Mick perched himself down on the charcoal furniture and sank back into the cushion attached to it. He settled his big hairy hand on Kitty's ribs and began to tickle her in her weak spot, turning Kitty's emotions from sadness to laughter.

"Stop it daddy", pleaded Kitty, chuckling hysterically.

Mick ultimately stopped tickling Kitty and beamed at her gleaming appearance as she tried to recover after being tickled. Kitty gazed into her father's dark brown irises, abominate to the conception of being infuriated with him. "Come on Kitty sweetheart. Please tell me what's the matter, you know I don't like to see you upset", he begged, beginning to stroke softly at Kitty's messy brunette hair.

Kitty sighed, admitting to defeat. She had lost the battle with her father as always. "Mummy doesn't love me anymore", she disclosed.

Mick raised his eyebrows, taken by surprise at Kitty's comment, "That's not true. Mummy thinks the world of you".

Kitty shook her head, "But she doesn't".

"Don't be silly Kitty. Why are you thinking that"? inquired Mick, in interest.

"Mummy wouldn't let me go to the high street with her", answered Kitty.

Mick recalled to cleansing the wine glasses downstairs in the bar, when Linda notified him that she was going off and watched her make an outlet from the pub. "Now let me tell you something", he began, beginning to say a mouthful of words. "She loves you so much and she always will. The thing is that mummy does so much for this family and sometimes she just needs some time to herself.

"But I waved to her when she left and she didn't wave back", added Kitty.

"Well maybe mummy didn't see you waving to her because we both know in our hearts that she wouldn't purposely ignore you like that", mentioned Mick.