Chapter Five

Kitty re-entered the living-room and stood by the same window that she was at when her mother departed for Walford Station this morning. She was trying to dodge seeing her mother because she was furious after being lied to.

Another day in Albert Square drew in, as the streets became less crowded, with the sun sinking into the sky and the light being drained, giving way to the velvety twilight sky.

The marketeers cleared away all of the items on their market stalls, which never got sold into today's market trading and packed them neatly into boxes for tomorrow. They also took down the market stalls to clear the street to make it more spacious for residents to scroll through. They were trembling with the notion that they can go and reward themselves with a takeaway at Beale's Plaice, with the earnings that they made today.

High heel footsteps tapped on the floor. It was Linda Carter entering to a very tense atmosphere that filled the living-room. She was still carrying all of her shopping bags, resembling like a packed mule! And there was Kitty. Standing with her back turned to her mother and didn't even budge when she entered the room.

"Hello sweetheart", greeted Linda, attempting to break the tension between herself and her youngest child.

Kitty rejected to respond to her mother, pondering that she had the cheek to speak to her, especially after the way she's been treated. She pretended to be occupied by continuing to stare out at the window, capturing the surrounding of Albert Square and watched Pam and Paul Coker exit from the Queen Vic, after enjoying their pre-evening out together.

"I got you a little something today", added Linda, lifting up a Claire's bag and held it in her hand, waiting for Kitty to react with a joyful smile. Inside the plastic bag was a Disney's Princess hairband because she is a Disney fanatic. 

Kitty's stubbornness forced her to refuse to react in a cheerful manner, after hearing that her mother has spoiled her with gifts. Did her mother really think that purchasing her new clothes was going to make her forgive her mother, especially after being lied to?

Linda exhaled a sigh, being already aware of Kitty's stubbornness and attempted to do all she could to apologise to her daughter. But Kitty didn't pay attention to anything her mother had to say.

Whilst her mother was blabbering away, Kitty recognised a familiar young male in the distance, who roamed past Kathy's Café and appeared underneath the brightly lit street light. She gasped with amazement when she could confirm who it was and sprinted immediately out of the living-room, dashing hastily down the luxurious staircase.

Linda stomped to the window that Kitty was previously at. She took a gander at the view of Albert Square and was intrigued as to why Kitty reacted the way she did.

Could it have been her cousin Dean Wicks? Even though she adores him, she wouldn't have reacted so much in the way that she did. And no way would it be her Auntie Shirley, as Kitty dreads to hear her name, let alone see her. And as for her Auntie Tina, well she's probably hungover after being drunk in The Albert last night.

Kitty stood in the basement, where all of the alcohol was stored in it. The back entrance of the pub, led to the alleyway and to the street of Albert Square swung open, making a creak sound.
A tall-ish young man gained access to the basement, wearing a coffee brown jacket, a mulberry purple top and a pair of ripped jeans and his worn-out work man boots hit lightly on the concrete floor. He raised his head and caught a glimpse of Kitty, who beamed up at him, being more than pleased to see him and he grinned at her, forming dimples in his cheeks.

"Hello Kitty", said the recognisable male, discarding his duffle bag from his back and it thumped loudly on the concrete floor.

"LEE", shrieked Kitty, scampering to give him a tender hug to welcome him home. Lee scooped her up and embraced her tightly in his arms, gazing into her crystal clear blue eyes. Judging by the way Kitty settled her infant hands around his neck and squeezed him tightly, Lee knew she missed him whilst he was away in Afghanistan.