Chapter Four

Kitty stood downstairs behind the bar beside the interior wooden frame, accessing from the hallway to the pub. She was already aware that she is prohibited by her parents to never come downstairs (except on special occasion and whenever it's closed). But Kitty was on a search for her father and her siblings, though it was impossible as the premises was flourishing with customers. Mick, Nancy and Johnny were nowhere to be seen. Little Mix were playing in the background, blasting loudly over everyone's voices.

Kitty watched the internal French doors glide extensively open in front of her. An elderly female with light blonde neck length hair, with a frock dress and a matching lilac cardigan strolled into the pub, tapping her sparkly high heels. Followed by a bloke, who appeared to be much younger than her - possibly her grandson. They both chuckled as if they were really enjoying each other's companionship.

The young bloke had dark curly ringlets like Harry Styles, that was pushed back with a headband and wore a scarlet red and black short sleeve top with the buttons undone, a short sleeve slate grey top, black skinny jeans and a pair of coal black and white shoes.

They both approached the counter bar to place an order for drinks when the elderly female clocked Kitty isolated at the rear of the bar, staring up at her and her grandson innocently. She had recognised that the little girl was Mick and Linda's youngest child and grinned at her.
"You must be young Kitty", spoke the elderly female, attempting to make conversation in a friendly manner.

Kitty stepped further into the pub, getting closer to the sympathetic eldest female and nodded to the question. But at the same time she was puzzled. How did this acquaintance know who she was?

"How do you know my name"? asked Kitty in her high pitched squeaky mouse voice, in curiousity to the female.

Mick Carter was occupied at the corner of the bar, on the left hand side facing pictures of West Ham United back in the Bobby Moore days. He had just finished off serving a customer, when he thought he could hear Kitty's voice.

Mick poked his head around the wall, that was full of empty alcohol bottles for displaying and it blocked the centre of the pub. There he could see Kitty chatting to two residents of Walford: Pam and Paul Coker and was annoyed that Kitty was downstairs, especially when she is restricted from coming downstairs. The worst thing was that she was still in her Frozen pyjamas.

"Kitty", exclaimed Mick, grabbing his daughter's attention.

Kitty gasped up at her father in shock, watching him come to her attendance.

"You know that you're not supposed to be down here", stated Mick, scooping her up and tucking her underneath his arms.

"Well Johnny deliberately left me on my own upstairs", notified Kitty, justifying herself, setting her arm on her father's shoulder point and balanced her head with the palm of her hand.

"No Kitty. Johnny did not deliberately leave you on your own upstairs. You fell asleep on him so he came down here to help me", replied Mick, correcting Kitty.

Kitty ignored her father and glanced back at the elderly female and was still curious as to how she knew her. "This lady knows my name", she told her father.

Mick looked at the familiar face and grinned at her. "Yes this is Pam Coker. She is a close friend to your mother", he introduced, breaking the ice.

"That's right. And your lovely mummy has told me so much about you", informed Pam.

Astonishment slithered inside of Kitty after listening to what Pam had said. Her mother discusses about her in conversation with her friends?

Kitty then glanced at Paul, who remained silent this whole time and was curious about him also. "And who's that"? she asked, pointing at him.

"Oi, don't be pointing at the customer like that Kitty. That's naughty", ordered Mick, humiliated at Kitty's bad manners.