Chapter 31

Vin POV

Over the few days I was with my moms they invited over all of their friends and had a small get together. Selina, Bruce, Diana, Dinah, and Oliver came over and we all had a good time and they helped me forget all about my troubling times. We played some Monopoly and had take out. All of us joked around and had good times just like we used to. I missed seeing them every day since I started my bedrest. I hated this so much. They all ended up staying the weekend at my moms' house and we watched a whole bunch of crappy movies. I missed these times I had with my moms.

Now that it's Monday Barb will be coming back from her trip and I am excited to see her because I am finally feeling better. I want her to see how much better I am doing and that I can maybe get out of bed and go out on a date or maybe just cuddle. I think that Barb will probably wanna stay in but I just want to show her how much I love and appreciate her because of what she has done for me. I have never felt so lucky to have her.

My moms and I went to the store and they helped me pick out something to give to Barb to show her how much I care. I have a big plan for her. I'm gonna give her a bouquet of roses and I got Bagheera groomed and I hope that she is gonna be happy when she gets home. I am going to surprise Barb at the airport in a limo with some money that my moms gave me and take her out on a date because I wanna show her how much I love her.

It was about 6 PM when Barb's plane landed. I was sitting in the waiting area and hoping to surprise her. She doesn't think I'm coming to get her and she will be even more surprised to find a limo and a special date. I walked up to the gate as the people filed out of the hallway into the airport. I saw her approaching, she was wearing a red dress and her hair was up in a bun. When she walks out I practically jump on her and kiss her. She stumbles backward before regaining her footing and sitting down in a chair nearby.

"I missed you so much!" I say as I kiss her again. "I have a surprise for you. " I smile and stand, leading her out to the limo.

As we walk out she looks at me and realizes what I am wearing. "Baby, you're in a dress! I haven't seen you in a dress in years." Then as we walk outside she sees the limo. "BABY!" She squeals and kisses me. "I love you so much."

I open the door for her and she gets in. I sit next to her and put my arm around her. "Do you like your surprise doll?" I ask her smiling and leaning my head on her shoulder.

"I love it, sweetheart." She smiles.

The limo pulled up to to a restaurant on the beach and the driver opens our door. I smile and give him a tip as we head towards the front door of the restaurant. The man at the door opens it and winks at me as I lead Barb to our table. Our table is on the back patio and has lights strung up around it.

"So Barb, I have a question for you." I say with my voice a bit shaky.

Barb sits down at the table and looks up at me. "What is it doll?"

"Um, I have loved you since we were kids, I never thought I would be happy until I found you. Ever since we started dating when we were 15 I have known we would be together for the rest of our lives. I love you so much and I never want to lose you. Would you do me the honor of marrying me, Barbara Faith Gordon, and being with me for the rest of my life?" I knelt down on one knee and looked up at her with tears in my eyes.

Barbara is crying and nodding her head yes. "I love you so much Baby, I've never wanted to be with someone so much." She pulls me up to her and hugs me tightly and kisses me.

We move from the table and sit on the railing overlooking the water. I have my arm around her and she is leaning on my shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you too baby." She smiles.