Chapter 5

I wanted to go unnoticed this year. I didn't want to cause any trouble, but here I am, getting threatened on my first day at school. I brought it upon myself when I opened my mouth, but I definitely do not regret it.

I was completely and utterly shocked when he gripped my arm and threatened me. Thinking back to what I said, I didn't really say anything offensive. What caused such a trigger in him?

"Mrs.Young, I believe you have a class to get to?" Hendrick says looking at the door.

Shit, I blanked out again! I have two minutes to go to politics. That's one of my favorite subjects and if I'm lucky, Harry might not be in that class.

I reach room 163 just before the second bell rings. Thankfully, I'm not late this time so I can choose my own seat. I scan the room, looking for a seat next to someone quiet. I would much rather not socialize for a while. I take a seat next to a boy with big glasses, the nerdy style. He seems to be focused on a book he's holding, so he doesn't notice me sit next to him.

"Good morning class, I'm Mr.Ross and this is obviously your politics class. While I hand out the syllabus, can someone please explain what politics is, exactly?"

"The activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, as well as the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power," a redhead in the front calls out, sounding like she got it exactly from google.

"Thank you Molly. An essential part of politics are the parties with different beliefs. What are the two major parties in America?"

"Democrat and Republican," the boy next to me says.

"Correct, Tony, their are many different factors that cause a person to choose a specific party. I want you to turn to the left and discuss with the person next to you , which party you support. You must have valid arguments and I will be walking around to listen," Ross says turning to his desk.

"I've been a republican since I could remember," the boy next to me,

Tony, says before I can fully turn around.

"I'm a democrat..." I say hesitantly. I don't want to offend anyone else today.

"And why is that?" Tony asks," Most republicans support small businesses and limit the scholarships that immigrants get, or at least that's what Romney was going to do.."

" I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but he supports abortions which is why I would have voted for him" I say

" Abortions? It's a sin to abort a baby, not to mention that you are killing a living thing before it gets to see the world!" He says assertively

" It's not really the abortion I fully support, it's the choice that matters. Women have the right to do what they want with their bodies. Some of them get pregnant by rape, and the child could be a horrible reminder about what happened.." I say sadly. This is a subject I would rather steer clear of.

"Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with you on that.." He says with a smile, "I'm Tony by the way."

"I'm Bella," I say with a smile. I hate my short responses, but I can't think of anything else to say.

"I think we're done with our debate. How do you like our school so far?" Tony says

"It's interesting..." I say, remembering what Harry did to me.

"Huh. Don't worry, it gets better," Tony says, patting my back, " Made any friends yet? Or enemies?"

" Just one, Briella. Well two now, I hope?" I say